Please help. Losing hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marie,

I know it's a long time coming but keep your chin up!

I just started with a new neurologist in May and my life has been crazy since then. I'm back at work full time for the first time in a couple years, my cog issues are better and since it is a physical job I am building a lot of muscle that is helping with some of my physical disability issues.

It is amazing what a neuro that listens can do! I also take benzodiazepines for bed time been for years and this neuro didn't change that. Surprisingly enough he recommended only Vitamin B12 for fatigue. I thought he was nuts as I was looking for one of the strong ones mentioned here. He said that may be called for but try the B12 first. I did and WOW 1 1000mcg pill a morning and I have more energy and less cog fog until at least 2 or 3 every day. By going with a vitamin rather than a drug it avoided adding on side effects and also makes sleep at night easier in fact past 2 nights I haven't even take a benzodiazepine. He changed some other things and like I said WOW it made all the difference. Within six weeks of seeing him I was back at work I feel like a new man and 9 days out of 10 I can forget I have MS.

Of course everyone is different but IMHO having a neuro that both listens and knows what they are talking about is huge. 12 years with MS and the past 6 months have been almost as good as the first 2 years were. Like was said in the thread, take notes!!! I used a calendar and wrote each day exactly what was going on, adding to it through out the day and took that in with me for my first appointment. He took the time to sit and read it day by day asked questions about certain things and really tried to understand what was going on.
    Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

TaoWarrior & Jamilea, and all,

I'm so sorry, I just saw your post. I haven't logged in for a while. I just posted a long comment to the current thread about Aderol-conflicting... I think the time delay does throw me off and if I don't get notified, I won't know there is a new post to me. I need to check settings to see if I have them correct. But I am doing better. Still having bad memory problems, but since starting aderol about 3 months ago, I can focus better. I posted a long post in the aderol thread. Forgive me, I'm now getting tired! But when I saw your posts about me - asking for update, that you care, that a prayer was specially lifted up to God for me, it gave me tears (the good kind). THANK YOU!! I pray for each of you- for God to bless you and to heal you or keep you strong as His Will.

I'be got to sign off at the present, but I hope there is a way to be notified of responses in my settings... checking on it now!

Comment

Originally posted by marie24 View Post

I'be got to sign off at the present, but I hope there is a way to be notified of responses in my settings... checking on it now!
        Marie --
        Here are the instructions to subscribing to a thread. Does this help?

http://www.msworld.org/forum/faq.php...xt=0&match=all
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

The instructions for subscribing to a thread helped, however it took me a while to find the message again to answer whether or not the instructions helped. I have trouble navigating this website in general. I'm sure it's due to the MS!

Comment

Marie, so glad to hear you were generally better!!!! and to answer your question, it is MS causing you difficulty focusing.. I used to be ableto do multiple things at once, but no more, MS has taken that ability away from me.
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

ativan

Marie
              Ativan, or any of the benzodiazepines, will cause tremendous memory and cognitive deficits. They are very destructive, very addictive, and have been linked to cognitive problems and Alzheimers Disease. There are other ways to combat insomina. Have you tried eliminating all caffeine (coffee, tea, and sodas)? Also try to stop using TV and computer/phones at least an hour before bedtime. Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Do you eat a large meal before bedtime? Do you drink? Both will cause sleep problems.
              All drugs -- especially benzodiazepines and opiods -- should be avoided at all costs.

Comment

Working...
              X