Gabapentin and not sleeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapentin and not sleeping?

So I was put on Gabapetin for pain..thru the be told it is working really well for me after a week of not working😊 my pain areas are now a 1 on the pain scale, my anxiety issues are nonexistent, and I feel like I am communicating more articulate. Only problem is that I am never tired..I mean never...I guess in writing this it means I am not fatigued which,as you know is a favorite side effect. Anyone experience this? Any suggestions on how to get to sleep...I am staying up till 6am and waking up at 9am...for a week and I not tired.
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Hi Don2480,

It is very possible you are having a Paradoxical side effect/reaction. In your case the medication is causing insomnia instead of fatigue. It would be best to report this to your Dr.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Hi Don2480,

It is very possible you are having a Paradoxical side effect/reaction. In your case the medication is causing insomnia instead of fatigue. It would be best to report this to your Dr.
      So I know what paradoxical means but would you be under the mindset that it is a dangerous reaction?
      First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Comment

timing

Hi i also take gabopentin for pain and have trouble sleeping but i get 6-7 hrs a night ,,I take my last gabo at 7 pm with a muscle relaxer then at 9 PM I take a tylenol PM usually can sleep by 10 or 11 .. Another thing is get allot of exercise each day even if exercise brings on pain it has to be done .
        Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X