Fatigue Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Meds

For those of you that take fatigue meds, do you take them as soon as you get up or do you wait until you feel tired? If you take a second dose, when do you take that?
    Some days my med helps me and other days it doesn't help at all. I also try to not take it everyday.

FIGHTING FATIGUE

Hello! I too suffered from fatigue. Dr. prescribed meds (don't remember what)
    didn't give me much relief. Then I tried sub-lingual Vit.B (under your tongue) , after eating breakfast. Repeat after lunch. Very easy to do and cherry flavored!
    Good Luck

Comment

I have had mixed results, Adderall did not help at all,Provigil ( modafinil) helped a little at first but soon that wore off and quit working, now I am taking Nuvigil, and it is to soon to tell yet if it is helping. With the first two I did try taking them at different times of the day with differing results, but none of the results were sufficient. Good luck
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

nuvigil

I'm currently having a bout of fatigue and my nuvigil doesn't really seem to be working. I find it takes forever to kick in...like 4 hours ish. I take it as soon as I get up or if I wake up before getting up I take it then. It could be 4 or 5 am. I can still sleep.

I also use adderall (the quick acting) for days I need extra energy. It's more like a jittery awake feeling though. I take it around noon.

I prefer the nuvigil. It seems to give me more motivation to get things done. Taking a day off (which I rarely do!) does seem to make it more effective. Neither are a miracle cure and I wish they worked better.

Comment

Working...
        X