Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-Introducing Myself

Hello, all!

I'm back to say hello and thanks for being here, and still being here. These last couple of years on my MS journey have been not fun and so very much like a roller coaster, with all the bends, ups, downs, sideways g-forces too! For me, g-forces are no fun and tend to upset my tummy so very easily anymore; let alone mess with the gyroscope in my brain.

Right now am in the middle of a flare-up that has lasted over a month, with not much sign of weakening. I overdid yard work (before it got hot outside) about five weeks ago and am still paying the price. A couple weeks ago, though, without any provocation or reason but having my hands full bringing packages in after a trip to the beach that weekend, I was tired, but........ No catching toe on edge of stair, just tripped-up over my own foot and fell down on the front walk of my house. Bruised one knee. Skinned the other pretty badly. Being diabetic, things take forever (actually about 3 times longer) to heal up, so the scab is still firmly in place. Reminds me of being/feeling utterly stupid.

Shortly after diagnosis (Sept '07) I tried Rebif -- didn't agree with my body
    Next was a trial of Copaxone -- again, didn't agree
    Back to trying Rebif again -- same nasty side-effects
    Another attempt at Copaxone -- this time caused depression like I'd never imagined
    Waited for well over a year for Tecfidera -- helped a lot; lowered WBC counts; alas, no more

So, I'm without DMDs, only supplements, and trying everyday to keep an eye on the light (cure) at the end of the tunnel. I have taken up walking and that helps. Keeps me on a schedule and gives me a reason to get out of bed each morning.

I'm old, now 60. Been 30 years on insulin, but well over that for having MS symptoms, and even longer with migraine. I can remember, quite clearly, having a migraine headache at 8 years old. And with all the studies trying to link MS and migraine, I've probably had MS all along, but somehow was able to adjust and adapt and just deal with it!

Thanks for reading. See you on the boards!

Hi zoysia!

I'm so glad you re-introduced yourself here. Like many of us, you've been on a merry-go-round with meds, myriad symptoms and flares. Ugh!

I am also a senior and add that to the mix, aging also plays a part in this mess. At least for me. I also fell twice in 2 days last weekend and landed on cement. Both times were caused by tripping on my own feet. (matching bruises on both hips) And both times I was only a foot away from my walker!

It's good you're walking now as a way to get out of bed. Please stay safe!

Here's hoping the flare you're in now is over soon. Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi zoysia,
      Glad to see you're back. Isn't it comforting that this place is here for you to air your thoughts and feelings. Hope that your flare resolves asap ! Come back often! Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X