Tysabri and fertility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and fertility

I had a baby in January of this year. Prior to getting pregnant, I had been on Tecfidera with no sign of progression. After having a chance to breastfeed for as long as possible, it was my plan to go back on Tecfidera. Anyways, I recently had a brain MRI that showed some disease progression, and my neuro recommended switching to Tysabri at this point. I am not a fan of this recommendation, and I have an appointment later this month for a second opinion. Aside from the possible side effects, I'm fearful that it may affect my fertility. My husband and I plan to have at least one, if not two more children. Not to be nosey, but I'm wondering if any of you ladies have had experience conceiving after taking Ty. I asked my neuro, and he didn't have a clear answer right off the top of his head.

Thank you.
    "Courage is a triumph of the soul..." (Jason Mraz- Anything)

I am not a lady, but I started Tysabri December of 2012. I got married July of 2014 and we were expecting by September. I do not know if it would affect a female's fertility but it did not affect mine. 11 months after we were married we had a beautiful baby girl.

Comment

Working...
    X