Biotin and cholesterol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biotin and cholesterol

My new neurologist suggested I look into Biotin. I am about 95% sold on trying it. I have blood tests that were ordered by both the neurologist and my PCP. My cholesterol is high, just barely, and we were taking a wait and see approach. Will the Biotin lower it any? Will it taint the liver function test? Those are the only ones I am curious about.

HI
    My MS neurologist told me there are little to no side effects from Biotin. Since it is a B vitamin our bodies pee out what is not used in our system. It does not build up in our livers.
    Good luck and keep us posted. I start it in two weeks so I am very eager to hear how others are doing on it... my neuro said it takes 6 - 7 months to show any effect so I guess patience will be priority... stay strong
    Take care

Originally posted by newme View Post
    My new neurologist suggested I look into Biotin. I am about 95% sold on trying it. I have blood tests that were ordered by both the neurologist and my PCP. My cholesterol is high, just barely, and we were taking a wait and see approach. Will the Biotin lower it any? Will it taint the liver function test? Those are the only ones I am curious about.

Comment

Working...
    X