Car insurance and MS/accident causing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance and MS/accident causing

I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere I could get some help with car insurance costs with my failing ability to keep from running into cars that pull in front and slam on their brakes or pull to a stop behind my van as I am backing out of a parking space and can't see them. Am I the only one who looks out for other drivers trying to back up in parking lots? So now being hit with almost as much insurance costs as my disability monthly payment. With two youngsters I have to look after and drive around, this sure takes food money out of the budget.
    Michael Grigsby

Hi Mike this sure sounds like a pain, loosing transport can make you feel more disable, I know limit my driving to very rare occasions and only when I feel up to it, and its not just about getting insurance cover either how would you feel if you hurt someone good luck with your search for answers Craig

Comment

Oh BonaireMike- I know you don't want to hear what I have to say but after reading what you wrote you must understand that you invited it, even though it isn't an answer to your direct question.

From what you wrote it appears that you are having an issue with "response time"? Is that correct? Also possibly vision and/or turning to check blind spots in your vehicle.

Honestly, do you really believe there is a resource to assist with Auto Insurance costs if YOU are the one at fault?

As far as that goes, not knowing the insurance laws in Georgia I don't know what coverage you are required to carry, but here in Washington State we're only REQUIRED to carry "Liability" which is the least costly way to go as far as a monthly insurance expense. However, you realize that liability only leaves anyone that causes an accident entirely without insurance coverage for themselves and their own vehicle and at risk (I would say sure bet) for a suit against them and everything they own for any passengers that may have been in their vehicle?

You know what I'm getting at I'm sure. It may be time to give up the driving and expense of Auto Insurance.

Yes, this is something I finally had to do myself BEFORE I caused any mishaps. As someone who decided I'm just not safe anymore without the benefit of knowing how I was going to get around YES I understand the fear, the helplessness, the inability to pick up something at the store in a hurry...etc. I GET IT.

The only suggestion I have that may be of help is to talk with your dr's about your driving issues and ask if there might be any kind of physical therapy that could potentially "fix" whatever is causing your issues.

Then you can do some research for ageing/disability programs in your area that might have volunteers that can drive for you. Believe me, I KNOW what a hassle it is, especially with kids. I had to do it myself years back during another period of time that I was not safe to drive because of physical symptoms.

The one glimmer I can give you is that over the last 20 years or so, I had three different periods of time knowing I was unsafe to drive- two of those times the symptoms eventually resolved and I drove for alot of years between those episodes.

Right now? I don't know if I'll be able to drive again. I keep hoping.

Comment

Working...
      X