Daily Dealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Dealing

How do the rest of you deal with the worsening pain and weakness. My whole right side is affected, it seems to be getting progressively worse, like over the last 10years it would be felt, then maybe as I had become used to the "new normal" I wouldn't notice as much unless I was sick or overheated, then it would happen again.

Now I'm at the point now I have to be careful holding things in my right hand, arm and leg constantly buzzing and burning with spasticity. Even my head now, I have to be careful how I hold my head, also, because it causes alot of neck pain. And if course it's worse at night so when I'm supposed to be calming down for bed, the pain sucks.

I always think about if I wake up and can't use my entire right side (first symptom was waking up not being able to feel entire right arm, took about a week and I was good again)but the mental side of not thinking about the day that happens, which is everyday, where alot if nit most people won't have that thought ever in their lives. I've yet to figure it out.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hello hrwbes7402 and welcome to MSWorld.

I believe you are dealing with different issues but combining them under one -- spasticity.

leg constantly buzzing
    burning
    Both are abnormal sensations, neuropathic in nature, that are perfectly normal with MS. Some experience relief from these symptoms with Neurontin. I have had buzzing/vibrations in both legs for 31 years. I don't use any medication for it and have learned, for the most part, to ignore the buzzing/vibrations.

There are other medications to treat pain: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...-Symptoms/Pain

I'm at the point now I have to be careful holding things in my right hand, arm
    What is the reason? Do you shake? Shaking would indicate Tremors: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...ymptoms/Tremor

Have you tried working with a Physical Therapist(PT) to address your weakness? If not that would be my suggestion. A PT can get you started on exercising and what works best for you.

Exercise is helpful and recommended. Anyone can exercise ---even those who are in wheelchairs. All of us have different abilities or inabilities where exercise is concerned, but everyone can and should exercise to the best of their abilities.

Even my head now, I have to be careful how I hold my head, also, because it causes alot of neck pain
    Have you discussed this with your Primary Care Physician or Neurologist? It is possible there is something else going on other than MS. It's important to remember --- not everything is related to MS.

Please read the link provided for a better understanding of spasticity and treatment options. I would also like to mention exercise and gentle stretching can be helpful for spasticity. Another thing a PT can help with.
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Nat...Spasticity.pdf
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X