Home from the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home from the hospital

I am home from a 2 week stay in the rehab hospital . I am going to be visited by a nurse several times a week and I will also have at home PT and OT . I was sent home with a brace for my foot drop. I am going to receive a new power wheelchair in a few weeks. Many things are changing because I am not walking very well and the doctors don't see my condition improving. Isn't that a kick in the shorts! Thanks MS for the promise ! You know the promising treatments, drugs in development, etc !

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
    I am home from a 2 week stay in the rehab hospital . I am going to be visited by a nurse several times a week and I will also have at home PT and OT . I was sent home with a brace for my foot drop. I am going to receive a new power wheelchair in a few weeks. Many things are changing because I am not walking very well and the doctors don't see my condition improving. Isn't that a kick in the shorts! Thanks MS for the promise ! You know the promising treatments, drugs in development, etc !
    Hi Jerry

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like you're getting a real work over!

Let's hope the OT, PT, foot drop brace, and power chair all help you to make the best of this crazy life with MS.

Wishing you improvement, and the strength to keep on being a warrior.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hi JerryWishing you improvement, and the strength to keep on being a warrior.
      Yes! Wishing the same for you, Jerry! Glad you're back home
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

So the vacation is over? LOL

Welcome home...

Thanks for the update and best wishes to you going forward.

Comment

Well, yeah, the vacation is over! HaHa !! But my wife has booked us on a cruise! So that's good ! Right? Thanks for the responses ! I still want to know what is going on with the results of Dr. Burt's 20 years of HSCT study's ! Experimental !!! Nice cover story !

Comment

I will also welcome you home and hope your mobility aids help you. Glad you will be going on a cruise.

I just went on a cruise. I was really worried but my scooter and I had a great time.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Welcome home and also welcome back here too.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Thanks REG53. You have scooter? Which scooter do you use? I have a GoGo 3 wheel scooter !

Comment

Working...
                X