Is this Spasticity or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Spasticity or something else?

I'm newly diagnosed (Jan 16) with pins and needles mainly hand and face. I have 1 C2 lesion and 6 brain lesions and on Aubagio. The last few weeks I'm finding that the muscles in my arms and legs feel like they are shivering under my skin. That's the only way I can explain it. I had one episode of my left hand twitching dramatically for about a minute, but I constantly feel like this will happen to my legs or hands. I feel it more when I'm not using them ie. sleeping, sitting watching T.V. Any advice on what I should do would be welcome. Thanks

Hi,
    I think you could be right and it is spasticity or a knock on effect of it. I have a lot of spasticity in my legs and the 'twitchiness' of them can be so bad it prevents me sleeping. It has helped to work out a combo of meds that relaxes the muscles and helps me sleep (took years) without making me feel hung over half the next day.
    I've found fatigue increases the twitching so achieving a good nights sleep has been of the most benefit to me and if the day is taxing your strength take time to rest and recoup and see if it helps.
    All the best.

Comment

Working...
    X