Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie!

Hello, my name is Alli, I am newly diagnosed with MS, docs still determining the type that I have. I am 44, busy mom of 3 kids- I am a caterer/chef, life is crazy and in general I love it. Been doctoring numb feet/lower legs for 2yrs with an ortho who assumed my issue was bulging discs. After they couldn't help I Was sent to a few neuros and here I am. Still digesting it all, still very angry about it, came as a complete shock. Started on Ampyra yesterday(my only med yet) and had a severe adverse side affect, looking for some advice on that if anyone takes it. I have a fabulous chef friend who also has MS and she has been a wealth of knowledge (literally I message her daily ) she is a blessing to me. Day by day I am getting through all this , any newbie info I need to know would be great.
    Cheers,
    Alli

Welcome

Hi Alli,
    Thank you for posting. I understand your distress. I have had MS for many decades, but each day still seems to bring on a new challenge.

You have an advantage, in my opinion, because you are a chef. I am not a professional cook, but I feel my knowledge about food has served me well. I am Secondary Progressive MS now, and I eat a paleo diet + dairy. I think i keeps me strong. Another support for me is working out every day in the pool. I highly recommend it.

Please take comfort and support from this site. We are here for each other.

Stay lifted,
    Mermaid
    "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Hi Alli welcome to this forum you will find plenty of helpful people here and its a good start to find out what is happening to you good luck Craig

Comment

Working...
      X