Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I'm 34 years old. The doctor called me at about 7pm a few days before my birthday to tell me. This was in March. I guess the radiologist' report from my mri came in then and kind of freaked them out.

I ended up having 8 days of solumedrol, the neurologist wanted to admit me after 5 but there was no one to take care of my kids. I have brain and spinal lesions. He got me on a trial of ampyra, 2weeks into that I can walk a bit better. My family dr wanted to get me a walker before, so I have improved some.

I've also been doing physical therapy for 3 weeks, and she thinks I have improved, so that's good. Tremor on my left side is bad, but a little better than it was. I still have bad balance issues, I'm always looking for something (wall, chair, anything) to touch for balance. I look drunk. I limp too, my left leg doesn't bend like it should, plus the shaking and the balance. It stinks.

The neurologist has me starting tysabri on the 21st. The insurance co wanted me to try and fail copaxone and rebif before the plegridy that he prescribed first. He thought trying and failing 2 drugs would leave me disabled. He got biogen to subsidize the tysabri I guess. He thinks I need aggressive treatment. I am jcv negative, but I'm still scared.

I am really, really sad about it all. I just think why me? and start tearing up. I'm sorry for the long sob story. Hopefully I get better than I am now somehow.

Originally posted by Sendsun View Post
    I'm 34 years old. The doctor called me at about 7pm a few days before my birthday to tell me. This was in March. I guess the radiologist' report from my mri came in then and kind of freaked them out.

I ended up having 8 days of solumedrol, the neurologist wanted to admit me after 5 but there was no one to take care of my kids. I have brain and spinal lesions. He got me on a trial of ampyra, 2weeks into that I can walk a bit better. My family dr wanted to get me a walker before, so I have improved some.

I've also been doing physical therapy for 3 weeks, and she thinks I have improved, so that's good. Tremor on my left side is bad, but a little better than it was. I still have bad balance issues, I'm always looking for something (wall, chair, anything) to touch for balance. I look drunk. I limp too, my left leg doesn't bend like it should, plus the shaking and the balance. It stinks.

The neurologist has me starting tysabri on the 21st. The insurance co wanted me to try and fail copaxone and rebif before the plegridy that he prescribed first. He thought trying and failing 2 drugs would leave me disabled. He got biogen to subsidize the tysabri I guess. He thinks I need aggressive treatment. I am jcv negative, but I'm still scared.

I am really, really sad about it all. I just think why me? and start tearing up. I'm sorry for the long sob story. Hopefully I get better than I am now somehow.
    Hi Sendsun

Sorry to learn of your recent diagnosis of MS, but we welcome you to the forums here at MS World.

Sounds like your Neuro is very capable and knowledgeable in treating MS.

It's understandable that you are really sad about it all - that's a normal human response, and that's ok. It takes awhile to absorb this stuff.

With your physical therapy and time (for recovery), you may have a good deal of improvement. It might be helpful to take just one day at a time, and do the best you can for that day.

Wishing you continued improvement.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hi Sendsun

Sorry to learn of your recent diagnosis of MS, but we welcome you to the forums here at MS World.

Sounds like your Neuro is very capable and knowledgeable in treating MS.

It's understandable that you are really sad about it all - that's a normal human response, and that's ok. It takes awhile to absorb this stuff.

With your physical therapy and time (for recovery), you may have a good deal of improvement. It might be helpful to take just one day at a time, and do the best you can for that day.

Wishing you continued improvement.

Take Care
      KoKo said it beautifully. I agree 100%. Just know you aren't alone. We are here and have all been in a similar frame of mind at some point. Please write with questions or just to vent.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X