Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to say hi

Hi there,

I used to frequent this wonderful site a lot a few years ago when I had a really bad relapse that left me house-bound for 8 months. I missed so much work that year! My walking was pretty bad for a while there. I remember wondering if I would ever have a life again. I wish I could send a message to that scared person I was a few years ago.

I am now back at work full time and have only missed two days for a cold in the last year and a half. I also swim twice a week, am part of two weekly language groups downtown, go to concerts, do my own grocery shopping, am 100% independent and quite happy.

I was sorted out by time, a new medication that really made a difference for me (Tecfidera) and support from my family (well, some of it anyways ).

I am currently SO health conscious it is kind of funny. I know what it's like to lose your health, and I am so grateful for my current health that I take care of it as well as I can.

I still use a cane, but the only limitation I have at the moment is not being able to walk long distances, like in a shopping centre. I also don't deal well with heat, so I need to stay out of the sun and not eat huge meals if I need to walk somewhere afterwards.

I wanted to post my story and say hi to the other MS peeps I still get days of "ARGGHHHHH!!!" when I want to chuck my cane far away and run down the street, but then I remember that it used to be a challenge to walk four meters to the bathroom from my living room, and I let it go. I keep believing in a cure that will come.

Hi Positive

Glad you're back and doing so much better.

Sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, and have a good attitude also, which helps!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Your story is so inspirational, thank you! If you have time please consider sharing your story in some of the threads written by new members who are frightened.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        Your story is so inspirational, thank you! If you have time please consider sharing your story in some of the threads written by new members who are frightened.
        That's a great idea!

Comment

Hi its great to see that you have your life under control and feeling better I'm still going down the slippery slope and am having trouble seeing a positive future with my MS (SPMS) my neurologist wants me to go off tysabri and start lemtrada depending on my MRI results tomorrow so will waite and see its good to hear the positives from people on this site Craig

Comment

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
            Hi its great to see that you have your life under control and feeling better I'm still going down the slippery slope and am having trouble seeing a positive future with my MS (SPMS) my neurologist wants me to go off tysabri and start lemtrada depending on my MRI results tomorrow so will waite and see its good to hear the positives from people on this site Craig
            Hi Craig,

I remember the slippery slope feeling all too well. It was scary. I used to look for positive stories here on this site, or on the internet to see that people did get over the rough times. I did, so I know it CAN happen. I hope that if you are switched to Lemtrada, that it does great things for you. Don't give up hope! Hugs

Comment

Thank you for posting this. It is wonderful to read how much better you've gotten, it gives hope when I was feeling hopeless.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and "I will never give up hope" I get down but I live in hope for a cure for us all, I love my wife of 24 years 4 children adults now and a grand daughter 20 months old and she sure can melt this old fella's heart Thanks Craig

Comment

Working...
                X