Any mail carriers with MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any mail carriers with MS?

Just wondering if there are any mail carriers on board with MS? How are you handling the demands of the job? I'm a rural carrier and struggle every day. My walking isn't great. I drop things all the time. Luckily I have a new postal van with AC for these hot months coming. I also have a vest for ice packs that helps.

Originally posted by ladycaralaw View Post
    Just wondering if there are any mail carriers on board with MS? How are you handling the demands of the job? I'm a rural carrier and struggle every day. My walking isn't great. I drop things all the time. Luckily I have a new postal van with AC for these hot months coming. I also have a vest for ice packs that helps.
    Hi ladycaralaw

I know you are working very hard. Glad you have AC in your vehicle, but still - all the walking you have to do must be very challenging.

I'm a former postal worker (clerk) at a Processing and Distribution Center.

I worked on the Flat Sorters, OCR's, Express, Priority, Standard, etc. - really just about every unit at the plant. Walking around in that huge building was exhausting, to say the least.

After diagnosis, I was able to continue to work for 5 more years, fortunately at light duty jobs for the last couple of years.

If your current position becomes too difficult, hopefully you will have other jobs available to you also.

Wishing you all the best!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X