IV steroids for 5 days, still feel crapoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV steroids for 5 days, still feel crapoy

Was in hosp for 5 days on UV Solumedrol, but still blurry, double vision, dizzy, nauseas, swollen. Steroids make u feel worse before they help u feel better. I'm all bruised from IV's. Still have optic neuritis,(inflammed nerve pluse opthalmologist in hoso said my eye pressure was high at 22) & can't get opthalmologist appt til mid July. I have fan and a/c on but am still sweating thru my clothes, cold n hot sweats. I've been on solumedrol at least 10 times for optic neuritis. I was wondering if anyone knows how long this steroid stays in your system? Thanks for any help you can give
    Sleep is difficult to come by, take it when you can

I've never been on steroids but from what I have heard they can cause terrible symptoms. I am so sorry that you are going through this and hope you are better very soon.

Comment

It sounds like you're having a typical Solu-Medrol experience. The steroid itself is out of the body in a few days to about a week, but the chain of other effects caused by the steroid can take another week or two to play out. The worst is the first week after the last dose, and then things gradually get better. So hang in there. You'll start feeling better within a week.

Comment

Working...
      X