Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin issues

Hi everyone,

Aubagio is my 4th DMD in 5 years. I have been on it now for about 3 months and so far it's the best one yet that I haven't had wretched side effects. Recently, I have noticed red, sometimes itchy spots on my legs and a couple on my arm. Has anyone experienced this?
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Me!

I've got a few spots on my legs and one on my left arm. I just assumed they are bug bites. Maybe fleas since I have dogs that go outside. I will keep an eye on this to see if I make a connection.

Comment

Skin issue

I am not currently not on any treatment. I could not tolerate the copaxone and avonex. Been off for 2 years. I have issue with my skin where I brush it up against my blanket and it feels like it's on fire. Anyone else have this problem?
      Also, vision issue where my eye sockets feel sore and bruised when I roll my eyes, look up and down, so always. I am 52 and have the start of cataracts. Not sure if it's from that.

Comment

Hi alliesmommy I don't know if this is related to the drugs you are on or not but I can tell if my wife changes washing powder I get itchy and it takes me a while to work out what is happening, when you find a solution working for you the last thing you want to do is stop how would you be taking an antihistamine I know they use this for some disease modifying drugs good luck Craig

Comment

Hi Alliesmommy,

I've been taking Aubagio for over a year & a half. I've not had any skin problems such as you've described. I'd suggest treating them as you would any rash or insect bite, but be aware that the package insert does mention that "serious" skin problems are a rare adverse effect. If the patches are minor, it doesn't sound like the "serious" problem they're mentioning, but be aware.

Tina
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
          X