Anyone seeing a naturalist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seeing a naturalist?

I was wondering who here is seeing a naturalist for their MS? I went to see one I had an eye scan and biofeedback body scan. She suggested different herbs and supplements based on what she saw in the scans. I believe in a naturalistic approach, however a little skeptical when it comes to the body scan. the eye seemed to be dead on. I was wondering what herbs others took, why they take them, and how much they help. Currently I take no MS drugs at all and have a neuro who is less than helpful when it comes to anything. I just don't want to take anything that could make the MS worse, it is doing that all on its own.

I see a naturopath. Fortunately my insurance covers the cost of visits (up to a certain amount each year) but my insurance doesn't cover supplements or food costs which have become quite an expense since the MS diagnosis. The naturopath suggests diet and lifestyle changes, especially eliminating foods which could be causing more inflammation. She also works with me to find a good balance of supplements. She doesn't profit from advising supplements since I don't order anything through her directly.

If you have some insurance coverage, or are willing to spend some more money, I suggest you see a couple of naturopaths until you find one you like and are comfortable with.

Comment

I looked for a naturopath for a couple of years ! I found one that was also an md. I continued with him for several years. He began to mention some wacky treatments and then I left his practice . I hope that you find some one that will help you on your MS journey . Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by freedom1 View Post
        I had an eye scan ... the eye seemed to be dead on.
        What kind of eye scan, and dead on for what? I hope you don't have the same unfortunate experience as a previous anxiety-ridden poster whose naturalist charged her $500 for a "special" blood test that showed she had "every marker for MS!" which, as we all know, is impossible, because there are no officially recognized markers for MS and, therefore, no commercially available test of any kind that can find them. Your eye scan and body scan may fall into the same category.

Comment

Working...
        X