ScanVolunteer Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScanVolunteer Introduction

Hi all,First symptom 2004 visual issue for a few weeks which was put down to fatigue from fatherhood (my son was 1 at the time and it had been a tough year.Volunteered for an academic MRI study in 2009 comparing chimp and human speech centres. Was excluded from study as there were 11 lesions evident.Got diagnosis 6 weeks ago following a relapse and follow up MRI Of brain and spinal cord. I think I'm up to 17 lesions and have had a few innocuous falls.In the main it's fatigue and numbness that I experience, numbness worsens with exercise.I've been given treatment options and although I've never been on any DMDs will be approved for Lemtrada.I'm awaiting an appointment with neuro MS nurse to get things moving.To date I feel I've been very fortunate as I'm 12 years from first symptom with only a little decline.Hopefully lemtrada will help me keep what I have got.

Welcome to MSWorld, ScanVolunteer! So glad you found us but it's unfortunate that you're now in the same boat with the rest of us. But, we are here to help one another and that's the beauty of this message board. We also have Chat if you're interested.

So many of us have had MS symptoms years and years before a proper diagnose. I had to wait 10 years myself. I hope Lemtrada works well for you. You might be interested in reading this in case you haven't already http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...p?139-Lemtrada

Let us know how it goes for you!
    (Does Scan mean you're Scandinavian? I am 3rd generation Swedish/Scots-Irish on my dad's side.)
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi and welcome!
      What a shame you weren't formally diagnosed sooner after having eye issues in 2004 and a large number of lesions in 2009.
      Glad you finally got diagnosed so you can start treatment.
      Hang in there,
      Jules
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Seasha I'm English, ScanVolunteer was the name I chose because I was an MRI scan volunteer (which is how it became evident it was MS).

I'll post some updates once I get to a treatment stage.

Comment

Working...
        X