Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urinalysis culture results - any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urinalysis culture results - any thoughts?

Hello everyone -

A week ago I went in for a urinalysis and culture. The culture came back on Friday as having 45,000 cfu/ml of enterococcus. I'm not having UTI symptoms (mine are almost always silent...) but a TON of current and some new MS symptoms. Does anyone think this warrants antibiotics? I'm leaving (of course) for vacation in Orlando tomorrow and would love to think maybe my neuro could call something in and I would feel better in a few days.....Thanks everyone for any advice.

Jaime

YES

You need antibiotics. You should not have any enterococcus or bacteria in your urine.

there are times, you may get normal flora from skin contamination while taking the culture, BUT in that case you would have 4-5 different species in the culture and the techs recognize that and report it as normal flora.

My Neuro infection is what leads to exacerbations when I was in a traumatic car accident and was worried about possibly having an MS meltdown... He told me he was not worried about MS flare or exacerbation unless there was an infection happening.
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

The provider who ordered the culture should make any treatment recommendations. Good luck and have a great vacation.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X