Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello. My name is Jenn and my husband has MS. We have been married for 20 years, and he was dx'd 9 months before our wedding. He is non-ambulatory, however he works full time outside our home, drives himself to work, and can usually do all he needs to do to be ready for his day.

He has had some back sliding lately, and we are both struggling with the changes. Hence, my foray into the world of on line support. He recently spent a week in the hospital followed by 2 weeks in rehab receiving PT and OT daily. He got strong enough to come home, and has continued out-patient PT. He had a few bad days this week. Just struggling to cope.

Glad I found this forum. I belonged to a similar site years ago, and I'm so glad there is still a place to come to meet other people, help, and be validated. I also want to learn to be the best I can at helping the man I love so very much. Thanks for reading!
    Husband dx'd with RRMS 1995-2007 SPMS-2007
    ~ Caregiver married 20yrs ❤️

"11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosperyou and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."~Jeremiah 29:11

Hi and Welcome! There is a section here for partners that might have some interesting threads for you to check out. I hope he gets better soon and that MS cuts him, and us all, a break!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi IrishJenn not a lot I can say but as an MS sufferer I can see how it is just as hard on our loved ones as it is for us it is a **** of a disease good luck to you and your family, hope you get all the answers and help you require on this forum Craig

Comment

HI IRISHJENN, WELCOME TO MSWORLD!!!
        Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        There is a section here for partners that might have some interesting threads for you to check out. I hope he gets better soon and that MS cuts him, and us all, a break!
        here is a link that will take you directly there, http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...Caregiver-Room
        I hope there are few tips that help you to cope with this MonSter better. I hope to see you around more and, if you are inclined, we have a chat room that is open 24/7 and it features a daily chat, you can find the schedule here, http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
        good luck!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X