Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoga Breathing Technique to help you fall asleep

1. http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health.../06/id/642932/

Claims to help you fall asleep in 60 seconds. I don't know if I've experienced that. But, it definitely helps me fall asleep somewhat quickly. Often less than 5 minutes. For me, it doesn't work 100% of the time, but , ... probably 80%.

https://vimeo.com/105271298

Dr. Weil claims it works to calm the nerves and counteract stress. I haven't tried it for that yet, but, it might be useful sometimes.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Thanks for this! Anything to aid in non-pharm treatment of sleep disturbances is worthwhile, imo.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

all I can say is that it has worked for me! and now that I have my CPAP, I fall asleep in about one minute, way better than two hours that it used to take me!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
        all I can say is that it has worked for me! and now that I have my CPAP, I fall asleep in about one minute, way better than two hours that it used to take me!
        ((Like))
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

4-7-8

I read that it is supposed to work because the oxygen allows your lungs to be fully charged with air during the 7-second "holding your breath" step. That oxygen then produces a relaxing effect that:
          • circulates through your body
          • calms the mind,
          • and relaxes your muscles.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

LOVE Yoga!

I am a big believer in yoga. I only tried it when I got diagnosed and now I am hooked! Last week the instructor brought out these straps and I became a tangled marrionette, but that's another story!

I am not saying exercise and diet are a cure-all, but possibly a couple of good defense weapons. Just like MS may be the result of the perfect storm of biology and environment, it makes sense that treatment for such a disease would also involve variable approaches.

If you are only using pharmaceuticals towards treating your MS, I would really recommend at least adding some of this "stuff" too. You might not need as many drugs and feel better than you do now!
            Tawanda

Comment

Tawanda --

I don't do a lot of yoga (or other exercise). But, I'm also a believer in CAM's (complementary and alternative medicines), of which yoga is one. I use supplements and essential oils and try to eat a healthy diet.

The only med I'm on, regularly, is Copaxone 40, although I take a couple PRN occasionally.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I checked the video out pretty neat

I don't have trouble falling asleep but if I ever do I will try it

Shoo
                Shoo

Comment

Working...
                X