Just officially Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just officially Introducing myself

Hello all. I lerked on the page for a while, read other's posts, posted in the Limbo section about a month ago with my progress trying to figure all this out, and figured maybe it was time for an "official" introduction on this thread.

I'm a published author, have two master's degrees, am a domestic violence survivor, and am part of a community healing from a mass school shooting. I was a single parent for 7 years and put myself through undergraduate and graduate school. When I married my husband and we had our first child I decided to become a Stay-At-Home-Mom. I'm now probably one of the most highly educated and proud SAHMs you'll ever meet and have 3 beautiful children I still use my degrees but mostly to do volunteer work for my community. I love every second I spend with my children. They are truly my little joys.

I once was an avid runner. I'd run 10-15 miles weekly, about 5 miles/day. It was my hour alone, to just be with nature and enjoy being ME. I ran a half marathon 8 months ago and haven't been able to run since. Let's just say it didn't go well and that running doesn't work well when one foot is numb and you have moments of vertigo. That's been one of the hardest things about this whole MS situation. I can struggle through the moments when things tingle or hurt, or the moments when i forget the word i was looking for or those afternoons when I just so fatigued that I need to lay on the sofa all afternoon. I can even deal with the fact that my husband doesn't understand how i FEEL and forgets that I pretty much hurt ALL THE TIME. I can deal with that stuff. But getting used to not being able to run... that's been hard. I just keep hoping that maybe I'll figure it out again. Or some version of it.

But anyway, Introduction finished

Welcome

Dear runnermom3,
    Welcome to the world of MS and to MSWorld. Thank you for posting your story. Like you, physical activity has always been a big part of my life, and I've had MS for over four decades.

Now, I exercise in the cool pool at the health club for 1 1/2 hours every day. It is the best part of the day, for me. I hope you find an activity you can do everyday that satisfies your need for movement.
    Good luck,
    Stay lifted,
    Mermaid
    "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Hi and welcome!

You have quite a list of accomplishments. I'm sure your three little ones are at the top of your list.
      Have you thought about bike riding? Maybe using the three wheel bikes that could be helpful if vertigo happened when you rode.

It's always something something that require us to be creative. Don't give up! Do it different.

Comment

HELLO, WELCOME TO MS WORLD, RUNNERMOM3!!!! while you are here you will "meet" many interesting people and hear many interesting stories.
        Take some time and look around and familiarize yourself with our site. We offer many different areas that may interest you. One such area if you are inclined is the chat room, there is a different topic each day at 8 PM – 9 PM EST (US), and for a complete listing you can click on this link, http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
        I wish you the best!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X