Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Hmmm. Can't figure this out.

If tumeric is absorbed better with black pepper, then why would you naturalist suggest capsules instead, as they don't have black pepper?

I don't really wanna mess with the "paste" thing, and have wondered if I could do something similar to what you were doing, and adding a little coconut oil too, as the "fat" is supposed to also be something that helps with absorption. A capsule is what I'm already doing, but it seems like that would be less likely to be absorbed, not more.
    Mamabug

It sounds like the naturalist is suggesting pure curcumin capsules (which might be more potent), as opposed to taking turmeric.

However, some articles out there say that turmeric is absorbed much better than pure curcumin, (but there are always differing views on such things).

Also, there are now turmeric capsules with pepper, which I might purchase after my paste ingredients are used up!

Take care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Also, there are now turmeric capsules with pepper, which I might purchase after my paste ingredients are used up!

Take care
      cool!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

black pepper, piperine, or bioperine

~ The ingredient label of the turmeric capsules with black pepper might use the words piperine or bioperine, which are extracts of the black pepper. ~

Take Care
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Turns out what I am taking is called "theracumin". Lots of interesting research about this form of tumeric! It is apparently processed so it is more easily absorbed by the body. I will have to do some more research and then I'll post some links

Comment

Please let us know what you find out.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I have been taking Curcumin2K with BioPerine black pepper, the label says up to 2000% greater absorption. I take 2 a day.

I was hoping it would help my memory but I haven't seen much difference in that regard but my arthritic knee feels better. I feel like it is helping with inflammation.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

I've been using Golden Paste for a month. I used the YouTube video from Australia, and froze mine into 1/4t. amounts. I add 1 drop 3 times a day to the tea I drink. I feel better, but I can't tell you why. I just am. I tried purchased capsules before, but I didn't feel any benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
                  Has anyone else on here tried Golden Paste (turmeric, black pepper & coconut oil) to see whether it makes a difference to their MS issues?

I started taking it a couple of months ago and although I can't definitely say it's responsible, I feel considerably better than I have done over the last few years. Could be the placebo effect, as in I'm trying to do something to help myself, but for the first time in a long time I feel so good that I'm feeling optimistic about the future and have even applied for a couple of part-time jobs.
                  I'm with Poppy! I've been taking Golden paste for three months now, and I'm feeling much better...nothing I can put my finger on but definitely better. I encourage everyone to give it a try...amazing stuff!

Comment

curamed

i found a free bottle of "curamed", with 500mg of pure "curcuinoids." while it seems no question cumin is beneficial, i wonder about the potency of OTC jars of the spice from the supermarket. these caps are a bit pricey - $85/60 0n amazon. i'm looking for any information as to this stuff being worth the $ - better than home-made golden milk or paste, and is supermarket cumin any good? perhaps someone can direct me to a source for this info? i hate to feel taken by snake oil...
                    life is uncertain,
                    eat dessert first!

Comment

Originally posted by zenhead View Post
                      i found a free bottle of "curamed", with 500mg of pure "curcuinoids." while it seems no question cumin is beneficial, i wonder about the potency of OTC jars of the spice from the supermarket. these caps are a bit pricey - $85/60 0n amazon. i'm looking for any information as to this stuff being worth the $ - better than home-made golden milk or paste, and is supermarket cumin any good? perhaps someone can direct me to a source for this info? i hate to feel taken by snake oil...
                      Hi zenhead

Sorry I can't answer about the curamed capsules, or the purity of supermarket cumin. Maybe others with more knowledge will be able to help.

I was using organic turmeric (16 oz bag, about $15 from Swansons) to make the paste.

Stopped using it due to it's anticoagulant (blood thinning) properties. It must have been pretty potent because I started getting small bruises which went away when I discontinued the turmeric.

I do eat a lot of foods that contain anticoagulant properties already, and I guess the turmeric must have put me over the top.

In any case, wishing you good luck with your search.

Take Care

Comment

I found a CurcuminBP product by Nature's Sunshine that has black pepper in it. I really trust that brand name for its quality. Retail cost is $61.30 for 60 capsules, but, as a member, I get it for $40.35. I always wait until I have a big order to submit and order on Customer Appreciation days, so then I end up with additional discounts.

Occasionally, you can find their products on Amazon for close to member prices, but I prefer to order through the company because then I know, for sure, where I'm getting my product and then my orders help to support my Nature's Sunshine rep, and she's been pretty helpful for me in recommending natural products, both related to my MS, and just for health issues in general.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Are there any new updates about the Golden Paste? I've just started researching about this after a coworker of mine highly recommended it for its anti-inflammatory effects.

Comment

I am still taking Golden Paste three times a day, and I just feel generally better. I've also started putting 1 T of concentrated cherry juice in a cup of water, and am taking it two times a day. It, also, has strong anti-inflammatory properties.

Comment

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
                              I am still taking Golden Paste three times a day, and I just feel generally better. I've also started putting 1 T of concentrated cherry juice in a cup of water, and am taking it two times a day. It, also, has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
                              Thank you! You said before that you could not put your finger on it. Can you explain now what you mean about feeling generally better? Is pain less or?

Comment

Hmmm, I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have pain with my version of MS, so it's not that. It's hard to put my finger on, but I feel more "normal". Since Golden Paste taps down inflammation, perhaps it's that. I seem to have more energy, get around better, and don't find myself constantly dwelling on my MS. I'd say give it a try for a few months and see what happens. Also give the cherry concentrate a try. I get mine on Amazon (Cherry Bay Orchards) brand, and I'm excited to add it to my regimen. Wish I could be more definitive...

Comment

Working...
                                X