Golden Paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Paste

Has anyone else on here tried Golden Paste (turmeric, black pepper & coconut oil) to see whether it makes a difference to their MS issues?

I started taking it a couple of months ago and although I can't definitely say it's responsible, I feel considerably better than I have done over the last few years. Could be the placebo effect, as in I'm trying to do something to help myself, but for the first time in a long time I feel so good that I'm feeling optimistic about the future and have even applied for a couple of part-time jobs.

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
    Has anyone else on here tried Golden Paste (turmeric, black pepper & coconut oil) to see whether it makes a difference to their MS issues?

I started taking it a couple of months ago and although I can't definitely say it's responsible, I feel considerably better than I have done over the last few years. Could be the placebo effect, as in I'm trying to do something to help myself, but for the first time in a long time I feel so good that I'm feeling optimistic about the future and have even applied for a couple of part-time jobs.
    Hi Poppy

Until I read your post, I had not heard of Golden Paste.

I googled it and found many good sites with info about it. I knew about Turmeric having good health benefits (being an effective anti-inflammatory, among other things). But I didn't know that it is best absorbed and utilized with black pepper and good oils.

I'm going to order the ingredients, and give it a try. I'll post in a couple months about any good effects.

Glad to know that you're feeling better. Even though not a cure, feeling better/stronger is always a worthwhile endeavor, especially if it comes from natural substances.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Golden paste

Sounds like it would be good with chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderdog lady View Post
        Sounds like it would be good with chicken!
        Yes, it does!

I have read that the typical "dose" - 1/4 tsp (3 X per day) - can be used in a variety of ways such as in soup, rice, tomato juice, eggs, pasta dishes, and even tea. And of course straight, right off of the spoon.

I do love spicy, so should be ok.
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks so much for posting this! I tried tumeric before but had no luck finding a way to make this part of the daily routine. I just ordered my supplies from Amazon and look forward to giving this a try. In addition to the MS, I'm hoping this will help with my osteoarthritis.

Comment

It seems from the Tumeric users group on FB that lots of people have great improvement in their arthritis when taking the golden paste so I'd say it's absolutely worth giving it a go, even just from that perspective.

Comment

Interested

Please tell us the recipe how much to put in and how to eat it. Do you make your own? I've seen on line capsules/vitamins. Please be more specific.

Thanks for your help!

Diamond ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS
              Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

If you google Golden Paste, the recipe is there. My ingredients arrive from Amazon on Wednesday. These are the ingredients. There are a variety of ways people make it.

150g turmeric powder
                250ml water
                1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
                70 ml cold pressed Olive or Coconut oil or linseed oil.
                (linseed and coconut are best)
                Additional water or powder can be added to create your preferred texture.

Comment

You need to heat your turmeric and water together until you get a thick paste as the heating activates the curcumin in the turmeric, then add the black pepper and oil.

It keeps for two weeks in the fridge so I just measure out approx. 2 weeks worth into glass jars and freeze the rest.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS
                    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I just made my first batch and added 1/4t to my tea. I can hardly taste it at all! This is definitely doable.

I'm going to try freezing pea size amounts and then taking out what I need to put in my tea. Sure hoping I see good benefits.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
                        I just made my first batch and added 1/4t to my tea. I can hardly taste it at all! This is definitely doable.

I'm going to try freezing pea size amounts and then taking out what I need to put in my tea. Sure hoping I see good benefits.

Wish me luck!
                        ru4cats

Great idea about tea and freezing small amounts.

Got my ingredients Friday. Hopefully I can make the paste today.

Did you get peppercorns? I got them in a container in which you turn the top to grind. Might have to have someone come over to help do that for me. Otherwise I'm ready to make the paste.

Good luck to you and all.

Take Care

Comment

I did get peppercorns and a grinder. I can still grind, so that wasn't a problem for me. I found I can taste it more in coffee than my tea, but it is still very doable. The freezing works well; an Australian video on YouTube explains the process. I'm excited to see if it works because it is actually the osteoarthritis that bothers me more than the MS. I refuse to even consider a new knee!

Good luck! I'll report back after I've been on the paste for a while.

Kris

Comment

The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. I had been taking turmeric and black pepper by mixing it with water and chugging it down, but the naturopath that I see said that I would get much stronger anti imflammatory benefits if I took curcumin capsules (some are stronger than others) I had forgotten that it is best absorbed with black pepper, I might make my own capsules and add in the black pepper. I have no idea if it works or not because I am doing a bunch of things, plus I am so new to MS that I am not really sure about how anything is working yet!

Comment

Originally posted by sarabeach123 View Post
                              The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. I had been taking turmeric and black pepper by mixing it with water and chugging it down, but the naturopath that I see said that I would get much stronger anti imflammatory benefits if I took curcumin capsules (some are stronger than others) I had forgotten that it is best absorbed with black pepper, I might make my own capsules and add in the black pepper. I have no idea if it works or not because I am doing a bunch of things, plus I am so new to MS that I am not really sure about how anything is working yet!
                              Hmmm. Can't figure this out.

If tumeric is absorbed better with black pepper, then why would you naturalist suggest capsules instead, as they don't have black pepper?

I don't really wanna mess with the "paste" thing, and have wondered if I could do something similar to what you were doing, and adding a little coconut oil too, as the "fat" is supposed to also be something that helps with absorption. A capsule is what I'm already doing, but it seems like that would be less likely to be absorbed, not more.
                              ~ Faith
                              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                              X