X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting alternative to canes, walkers and electric scooters

I just read an interesting article on

It discusses the not yet available Alinker walking trike,
    I think it might be useful for getting around on flat terrain, and in stores, restaurants, libraries, museums, airports - though some, like SFO, have ramps that might be difficult.

Before ordering one, I'd definitely want a test ride or a trial period - I'm not sure my left leg is up to the job. In addition wondering how you'd deal with getting up and down curbs - my lightweight folding scooter needs to go up driveways and curb cuts, but can deal with small transitions. I also wonder how to deal with rolling luggage and other TBD issues.

I have no financial interest in Gizmag, Alinker, or any firm mentioned in these links.

From Gizmag
    the Alinker is a walking trike designed for those that need a bit of assistance getting around but want to do so under their own steam. The curvy vessel provides needed support and takes the load off the lower limbs, while allowing the rider to remain upright and move forward under his or her own power.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
Working...
X