hoping to have a safe place to share my ms life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping to have a safe place to share my ms life

Hi! I'm new to the site and find it hard it open up and share even though I know it would help to get some of it out. So, this is me trying to do that...scary. I was diagnosed in 2005 but had my first relapse in 1998. I'm currently on Aubagio, but have been on Copaxone, Avonex, and Tecfidera. This last year I've been having a hard time accepting that I can't walk like I used too and I have very little energy. Makes me feel like a failure and I feel alone a lot lately, even though there are people around me. Thanks for listening.
    DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Hi Starla,

Welcome to MSWorld! I'm glad you finally decided to join us, but sorry to hear you are having more problems with your walking and fatigue. I hope you find this place a safe place to share, and very supportive. There's also a great deal of information that can be found here. We also have a chat room you might like. Many of us can totally relate to your feelings of loneliness, even if others are around. That's why our founder, Kathleen Wilson, created MSWorld.

Please don't feel like a failure, although that is easier said than done. None of us are that, regardless of what this disease may throw our way and take away from us! I hope to see more of you around!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for the warm welcome and for your reply. I look forward to talking to fellow Msers.

Comment

Starla,
        Welcome to MS World. This is an unique and special place for MS patients and their loved one to help from, support, cheer for and cry with one another. I hope this community serves you well.

Marco

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Starla,

Glad you found this site, but sorry for the reason why. Please don't be scared, we area pretty friendly bunch! This is a safe place to share what you are feeling physically or emotionally with people that really get it. Come back often and ask or say what ever is on your mind.
          RRMS: Diagnosed July 2013
          Assistive Device: cane.
          Meds: Copaxone, Ampyra, Vitamin D

Comment

Hi Starla,
            my daughter in-law and son told me about this site a few years ago. I am so grateful to them and this wonderful site. I have learned so much and shared much of my journey!

I hope you will be as happy here as I have
            Linda

Comment

Hi Staria,

Welcome! This is a wonderful site for support when you need it and just to come in to chat. I hope you find it as helpful as I do.

Comment

Welcome to MS WORLD! It is great to have you here, but it is not right why. While you are here you will find that our members are not only warm and helpful they can also identify with you. We are all here for the same reason and we can all identify with MS issues. Take a look around and get familiar with our site and if you were inclined we have a chat room that is open 24/7. Also from 8 p.m. until 9 p.m. Eastern everyday there is a scheduled chat. Check out all of the Topix
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've been finding this site and everyone so helpful so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X