Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left side Spasticity issues

Greetings everyone:
    It's been awhile since my last post. I've been trying my best to ignore my regular irritating sx's, and have done great job in doing so, until the last 3 weeks with my WONDERFUL left side again lol, (right has it too, but not as intense as left.

My Left side head, neck and shoulder has given me so much spasticity pain that sometimes it wakes me up more than usual, sometimes causes nausea.

I use a heating pad on the shoulder, and currently on baclofen for spasticity pain. Has anyone tried and benefitted from massage therapy for long term results? I was thinking of trying.

Also I was wondering if anyone else has had altered sense of smell? The tap water sometimes smells of ammonia, and my other half claims it doesn't exist.
    Dx RRMS 2015

Hi I use a tens machine (electronic nerve stimulator) and it helps me a lot when my wife bought it I said what a waste of money now I use it about 3 times a week, Im also on morphine slow release twice daily for my pain hope you find something that works for you Craig

Comment

Hi Perenialz.
      I have found heat pads helpful too. Didn't use baclofen for long as it increased my fatigue and didn't seem to help much.
      For years i had trouble sleeping due to spasticity and other things.
      The lack of sleep (itself) exacerbated the spasticity.
      I have used a combination of diazapam and polaramine each evening about a half hr before bed and this has helped me with both- spasticity and getting a good nights sleep.
      And i don't have that groggy hangover that most of the other meds i tried caused.

Massage - pressure or squeezing of the tight muscles (to soften the knots) is what i have found the best type of massage to relieve the spasticity. Not many masseurs can get this right though my hubby is getting better.
      I also take voltaren 50mg for inflammation in the joints. And pain meds if needed.

Its interesting you commenting about the strange smells. I have had this at different times as well and it seems to coincide with bad neck,shoulder and cog fog days. Maybe theres a link?

All the best.

Comment

Thank You

I wanted to thank you for the tens machine suggestion. I managed to get one at CVS, tried it out, and it does bring down the intensity of the spasticity big time.

Baclofen, heat help as well, but this past week my poor shoulder has gotten off in a bad way from the intensity.
        Dx RRMS 2015

Comment

Working...
        X