Destination Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destination Florida

I'm 60 years old and was diagnosed in 1996. I have secondary progressive MS and usually use a scooter, occasionally a walker (I should walk more). I have a baclofen pump and use gabapentin and flexeril (no DMD).
    Anyway, we are retiring to Land o Lakes FL. Does anyone know where I can get my pump refilled? My neurologist's CNP had been doing it in OH. When I went on Medtronic's website, it showed me mostly Dr for children's spasticity. I only saw my MS Dr once a year so that is less pressing but suggestions there would be appreciated also.

Hi laina,

Don't know if this was the same Medtronic site you saw, but several different doctors are listed in this link.

http://www.releaseyourpotential.com/...-button=Submit

I wouldn't worry if they also treat Cerebral Palsy (or other conditions, as well) you just want to find someone you like. You might also want to consider which hospital they are affiliated with if you ever had a problem with your pump. I've gone to both Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation or Pain Management doctors for my refills. Both also treated other conditions besides MS. Benefit of the physiatrist was he measured my spasticity while pain management doctors just follow my lead.

Best of luck finding a new doctor and on your move to Florida!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X