WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I'll try to keep this as short as possible and still get to the point.

Last Thursday I sent an e-mail to a lady in Washington D.C. explaining to her my need to be enrolled in the "Full time Choice Program". (The post that led to that e-mail is in this forum.) I was careful not to name any names because my intent was not to get anyone in trouble but to stress the importance of getting enrolled in the program.

I received a phone call Friday morning from a lady in D.C. and was assured I would be taken care of post haste.

Yesterday I received a call from the Cheif of Neurology at the VA clinic where I was being treated for my MS. He told me if I wanted to enroll the the Full time Choice program he would take care of it. Then he found out I was driving 70 miles one way to the clinic he said you have no business doing that and told me he would process my enrollment as quickly as he could. Problem solved everyone is happy.

Well today the VA Neurologist I was seeing at the clinic called today and layer into me like it was nobody's business. She was extremely defensive and defended herself on every point I mentioned in my e-mail. When I tried to say something she would say "LET ME FINISH TALKING SIR" in an extremely defensive tone. Then she said she wanted to see me Friday morning and she ordered a MRI stat.

So my first thought was to call her boss and not keep the appointment. So what would you do in this situation?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

it's one thing to request to be enrolled in the Full Time Choice Program and to include supportive information to stress the importance of being enrolled in the program.

It's another thing entirely to stray from the scope of the request by including specific complaints about your neurologist. You may not think you did that, but by the events it led to, there's no other reasonable conclusion.

Any time allegations are made, the person has the right to defend themself. Surely you would want the same right for yourself, and there have been times on this list where you've done just that.

But you're saying that you made allegations about your neurologist and you're offended that she spoke up to defend herself, taking the same right you claim for yourself. Do you really not understand her "extremely defensive tone"?

In this case, there's no need to throw gasoline on the fire by saying anything further. This sounds like a situation where it's best to just let it play out by itself. It's unfortunate, but you can't fix it now, so it's probably best to just leave it alone.

Having the MRI could be to your advantage. But in your position, I would not keep another appointment with your neurologist. Any doctor-patient relationship you might have had with her has been damaged beyond repair.

**edited by moderator in compliance with guideline 1. "INTERNET ETIQUETTE: Show respect for others at all times."**

Comment

Nobody has replied and that is quite alright with me. I think I posted posted as a thinking out loud type of post anyway. I've decided I am going to keep the appointment. If I'm going to send an e-mail, though it wasn't to be taken personally, I should at least comply with my Neurologist's request. Not only that I'm not sure when I will be able to see a Neuro under The Choice Program and I need to have my problems taken care of.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X