I GOOFED AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I GOOFED AGAIN

Sorry but I accidently sent a POST with only Wonderdog Lady's name on it. This is the second time I have had difficulty trying to respond and will eventually make it.

It is intesting that she meets a lot of the criteria I am researching.

Lynn, you indicated you are retired from the Government. You were inoculated. You spent your youth in Arizonza/sunbelt.You are the only one in your immediate family with MS.

I would like to know if your inoculation was around '69 and when approximately. You may well have had something similar to us Army guys that were getting ready for heading overseas! Do you by chance remember when you first heard MS as a possibility?

Anyway, thanks for responding. I'm glad we've had a chance to correspond and hopefully I will still hear from some of the guys I entered the Army in Phoenix with back then that now also have MS! I found them before and hopefully will again.

Military Dependent

I will try to give you some history in answer to your inoculation questions. I was born Paris France..the My father was stationed there in the 50's. From there he was stationed in Ft Huachuca, AZ. Only two years. We then moved to Ft Monmouth NJ. In the early 60's we were supposed to move to Okinawa but my father's orders were frozen....literally! We moved to Alaska. My Father retired in Washington D.C.where I finished HS. I went to college in Colorado and did not move to Arizona until the mid 70's.

You didn't mention what type of innocuoation you were inquiring about? So it is difficult for me to address your question. If you are talking about inoculations to travel overseas. I would say my last would have been around 1960 in NJ when we were supposedly going to be transferred to Okinawa.

I did not have any indication that something was wrong with with me until 2001 after an extremist stressful year. Cognition problems showed up first. Could not retain information, stuttering, difficulty communicating, difficulty writing. I got lost when I tried to travel to make inspections..a career killer for sure! I had a GP in Phoenix who recognized that I was experiencing neurological symptoms. He immediately ordered an MRI and advised me that I had that tell tail markings of MS. MS immediately confirmed by Neurologist 2007. Retired from the Federal Govt 2008 after 36 years! Thank God I could retire! I cannot imagine how difficult it is for those with MS who need to continue working!

I hope I have answered all your questions. Are you in Phoenix now? My Neurologist will be retiring soon and I will need to find another Neurologist hopefully Southeastern metro area. I would be interested if anyone living in the Phoenix area had any recommendations.

Comment

ONWARD

Originally posted by Wonderdog lady View Post
      I will try to give you some history in answer to your inoculation questions. I was born Paris France..the My father was stationed there in the 50's. From there he was stationed in Ft Huachuca, AZ. Only two years. We then moved to Ft Monmouth NJ. In the early 60's we were supposed to move to Okinawa but my father's orders were frozen....literally! We moved to Alaska. My Father retired in Washington D.C.where I finished HS. I went to college in Colorado and did not move to Arizona until the mid 70's.

You didn't mention what type of innocuoation you were inquiring about? So it is difficult for me to address your question. If you are talking about inoculations to travel overseas. I would say my last would have been around 1960 in NJ when we were supposedly going to be transferred to Okinawa.

I did not have any indication that something was wrong with with me until 2001 after an extremist stressful year. Cognition problems showed up first. Could not retain information, stuttering, difficulty communicating, difficulty writing. I got lost when I tried to travel to make inspections..a career killer for sure! I had a GP in Phoenix who recognized that I was experiencing neurological symptoms. He immediately ordered an MRI and advised me that I had that tell tail markings of MS. MS immediately confirmed by Neurologist 2007. Retired from the Federal Govt 2008 after 36 years! Thank God I could retire! I cannot imagine how difficult it is for those with MS who need to continue working!

I hope I have answered all your questions. Are you in Phoenix now? My Neurologist will be retiring soon and I will need to find another Neurologist hopefully Southeastern metro area. I would be interested if anyone living in the Phoenix area had any recommendations.
      I thought I remembered more similarity that might have been helpful. Again thank you for having responded and for your many years of government service. Your Neurologist question unfortunately I can't help with as mine is VA only and I only see him once or twice a year.

I'm heading back on the hunt for the few Phoenix guys that entered the Army in '69 I found before that now have MS!

Comment

Working...
      X