Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting Wahls' Protocol -- Does anyone know of organic cosmetics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Wahls' Protocol -- Does anyone know of organic cosmetics?

Terry Wahls recommends organic cosmetics: hair and skin care, makeup, anything you put on, not just in the body. I'm finding lots of "natural" products but none that are certified organic. I've googled brands + Whole Foods to see what they sell, but so far none that are certified organic! Hope someone out there can help! Am purging my toxic stuff! Many thanks.

Hi thisiswater-

I try my best to always go organic, but sometimes the costs keep me away. The best bet is to read labels that say USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC (green label) And remember for labeling, the ingredients need to be 70% or above to be considered organic.

I use Avalon Organics products and I've heard that Terressentials and Dr.Bronner's products are good too!

Hope others can help you out too!
    Best of luck
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you Seasha!

I've found that researching via the Environmental Working Group is really useful and full of surprises!
      Check in out

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
      Last edited by Kimba22; 04-26-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

And thank you, thisiswater! Great website to research many products, not just cosmetic and cleaning products, but info on GMO's, pesticides, food additives and so much more on what to avoid!

Trying my best to keep my body and environment cleaner, especially living with MS. I have had enough of MS Drugs and symptom management drugs and try to balance this with more organic products and wholesome organic foods as often as I can - which is around 90%!

Comment

Seasha: Have you stopped conventional meds?

I think Terry Wahls still taks MS DMTs, but I'm not sure. The way she lays out causes and and remedies in her book, it's kind of hard to believe we still need drugs, but perhaps we do. Do you take them? I know I'm about to start Copaxone, but part of me would like to do this protocol before taking meds, be tested in 6 months to a year and see what has happened ...

So happy you liked the ewg.org resource. You're right it covers *everything*!

Comment

I stopped taking any DMT's about 5? years ago as I have transitioned to SPMS without relapses. But I did take Avonex and Copaxone for years before that. I still use prescription drugs for managing my symptoms.

Even though I do not know your history, when you were diagnosed and how many flares you've had, I would recommend starting the diet and take Copaxone too. I think they would complement each other. A DMT is important to lessen flares which will help stop further damages and eating well is crucial. This is just my unprofessional opinion.

Here are two older post you might be interested in-
            http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...nyone-doing-it
            http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...Wahls-protocol

I think you will ultimately make a decision that will make you feel comfortable. You can always change course too.
            Good luck!

Comment

Is EWG a reliable source?

Originally posted by thisiswater View Post
              I've found that researching via the Environmental Working Group is really useful and full of surprises!
              Check in out

I googled " Is the environmental working group credible?" and found mostly negative information.

There is so much info on the internet, I think it is important to check it out before assuming that the information is credible.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenNP View Post

I googled " Is the environmental working group credible?" and found mostly negative information.

There is so much info on the internet, I think it is important to check it out before assuming that the information is credible.
                Good point and thanks for the reminder!
                Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
                X