Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st day on here, looking forward to chatting with some fellow ms-ers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st day on here, looking forward to chatting with some fellow ms-ers!

Hi all! I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2007 but only recently decided that I`d really like to share ms experiences with others. I`ve been injecting copaxone since I was diagnosed. Looking forward to exchanging!
    Meggy

Hi Meggy and welcome to MSWorld! We're glad you found us We all have lots to share here with our individual experiences. Would love to hear more of your story - How have you been since your diagnosis? How have the Copaxone shots been for you?

Quite a few years ago I was on Cop for 5 years after 6 years on Avonex, (talk about a human pincushion!), but I transitioned to SPMS without flares and so I'm not on anything, except symptom management drugs, when needed.

MSWorld has lots of great people and great information, so feel at home and make lots of comments, suggestions or ask questions!

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi and welcome to the MSer's message boards ! I am glad that you found us. I hope that your journey with this MonSter will be tolerable. Good luck

Comment

HI MEGGY, WELCOME TO MS WORLD! We are very happy to have you here, but we are sorry why. Take time to look around our site and familiarize yourself with everything. We have lots to offer here and invite you to take advantage of it. If you are interested, we have a chat room that is open 24/7. There is also a scheduled chat every evening at 8 PM Eastern standard, here is a to direct link to the schedule, http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
        we look forward to seeing more of you. Good luck to you!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Copaxone flush

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome! I actually made up my mind to seek out some fellow sufferers after I had my first full-blown `flush`from my injection the other day! It was a bit frightening even though I knew what it prob was and that it would soon be over. I went to my Neuro the next day and I apparently had had a particularly bad one, with dreadful back pain as well as all the `normal` symptoms. Has anyone else been through this?

Comment

Hello meggy and welcome to MSWorld

actually made up my mind to seek out some fellow sufferers after I had my first full-blown `flush`from my injection the other day! It was a bit frightening even though I knew what it prob was and that it would soon be over. I went to my Neuro the next day and I apparently had had a particularly bad one, with dreadful back pain as well as all the `normal` symptoms. Has anyone else been through this?
            You might get more answers and experiences over on the Medication forum. Copaxone has it's own forum as do the other Disease Modifying Therapies ---
            http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...amp-Treatments
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I was going to say the same thing, thank you Snoopy.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Copaxone flush

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                Hello meggy and welcome to MSWorld

You might get more answers and experiences over on the Medication forum. Copaxone has it's own forum as do the other Disease Modifying Therapies ---
                http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...amp-Treatments
                ok thanks I`ll go exploring

Comment

Originally posted by meggy View Post
                  Hi all! I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2007 but only recently decided that I`d really like to share ms experiences with others. I`ve been injecting copaxone since I was diagnosed. Looking forward to exchanging!
                  Meggy
                  Welcome Meggy! We exchange so much information here. This site has taught me more than anything I could get from doctors or literature or hearsay.

I hope you find that is true for you, too.

Let's exchange.

Comment

Hello

Hi, I was DX in 2006. I have been on and off Copaxone since. I have been taking Copaxone 40 mg for the past 2 years, I have also experienced the flushing,tightness, shortness of breath about 4 times in 2 years. Very scary, I am a nurse and knew what was happening but still terrified ( all my training and reasoning went out the door). I also had a relapse in October which has caused me to quit working, my vision is affected. I also have pain all over.
                    Diagnosed 2006, RRMS.

Comment

Originally posted by emc1 View Post
                      Hi, I was DX in 2006. I have been on and off Copaxone since. I have been taking Copaxone 40 mg for the past 2 years, I have also experienced the flushing,tightness, shortness of breath about 4 times in 2 years. Very scary, I am a nurse and knew what was happening but still terrified ( all my training and reasoning went out the door). I also had a relapse in October which has caused me to quit working, my vision is affected. I also have pain all over.
                      Hi, I`m sorry I didn`t respond sooner I haven`t been on here for a while at all so just saw this. So miserable you`ve had to give up work, is there nothing you can take for the pain? I considered the 40mg injections but decided the side-effects would prob be worse with the double dose. Sounds like that theory could be right if you`ve had 4 flushes in the 2 years you`ve been taking them! Have you tried 20mg? I really hope you`ve recuperated enough to be able to go back to work soon, seems so unfair when this stupid illness encroaches on our lives to such an extent!

Comment

Working...
                      X