Just started Aubagio. 2/23/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started Aubagio. 2/23/16

I have been diagnosed with MS for 3 years. I had been on Betaseron, every other day, injections for those three years. Last night I took my first oral medicine of Aubagio. Currently no side effects that I can tell of. But hey, it's been one pill and less than 24 hrs. I will try to keep posting here every so often with updates for other Aubagio newbies.

For those who take Aubagio: any tips your recommend?

Hi,
    Bye, Bye needles.
    I've been taking Aubagio for 14 months. The main thing I can think of to recommend is relax & enjoy the ride. This little pentagon is simple, my so-called side effects were about as tough as having eaten a large bowl of chili. whoopie. And that lasted less than 3 weeks. Again, whoopie. Some folks have suggested extra water to help with that, but I drink a lot of water anyway, maybe that's why I have had it so easy?
    Do use the One to One nurse for whatever help (not just health - dealing with insurance & co-pay issues too!) you may want. That has been a huge help to me!!
    Just pay attention to yourself. After 3 years on Betaseron, you're probably a pro.
    Best wishes - keep us posted!

Tina
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

YES! I am so excited to stop the needles! Two doses down, and currently no side effects.
      I drink water too- but will make sure I DEF drink more. It can't hurt anything.

Thanks for the response!! :0)

Comment

Six days. Six doses.
        So far so good. No side effects.

Comment

Great to hear.
          I'm loving the ease of this.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."

Comment

One full month. Still doing great on the oral Aubagio.
            No side effects!

I'll post again soon.

Comment

Two full months. Still no side effects.
              Liver level slightly elevated, but doc will recheck in a month, as it didn't concern her that much, yet. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Good to hear.
                Kep us posted, we're rooting for you.

Comment

UPDATE: 9 months on Aubagio, and fingers crossed....still no side effects.
                  Just reporting this for all.
                  Oh, and I had an MRI 8 months after starting and no new lesions. So I am happy with my choice.

Comment

No new lesions, No side effects,
                    win-win!

I love hearing happy news!

Comment

Thank you!

I've just decided yesterday to start on Aubagio after 10 months on Plegridy. I'm worried about the side effects and was thrilled to read this thread. Awesome!
                      Cranial VIth Nerve Palsy (2008, 2014); Partial Myelitis (9/2015); RRMS Dx (11/18/2015); Plegridy (2/2016)

Comment

I'm glad to share the good experience I've had. It's just a month shy of 2 years now for me.
                        Everything is great. No symptoms changing, no side effect issues.
                        Good luck to you too!

Comment

Working...
                        X