Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here, MRI appointment finally coming up soon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, MRI appointment finally coming up soon!!

Hello everyone! Glad I found this site because I have a feeling I am going to need it. The neurologist finally referred me for an MRI after finding optic nerve atrophy in my right eye. So I am happy they are finally doing SOMETHING other than just saying I must have anxiety. I will actually welcome a diagnosis because then I will at least know how to start tackling my issues. If they don't find anything on the MRI, I honestly don't know what I am going to do because things are getting worse. Here are my symptoms;

Numbness – My very first symptom that I can recall starting 8 years ago when a patch on my back under my shoulder blade would go numb periodically. It use to go away for long periods of time, but now it is much more frequent. Then my toes/feet started to go numb, especially when I go for a long walk or exercise.Tips of my fingers, mainly my pinkies, have started to do it too.Sometimes its just numb, other times like pins and needs and almost like burning. Sometimes it feels like someone is holding my leg when I am walking too.

Vision – After the neuro found ON in my right eye, I have noticed it gets blurry sometimes, but not too much yet.

Bladder/Bowel – For the last couple of years I have noticed a serious urgency when it comes to having to urinate. I also have regular issues with diarrhea.

Balance – Regular orthostatic hypotension. Some days it is so bad it happens every time I stand up,or maybe even if I shift my body. I have not passed out, but it is bad enough that I start shaking and usually forget what I was doing.I also have tachycardia, which I have read can be related

Breathing – Sometimes I have periods where I feel like I just cant get a deep enough breath. Other times I'll notice that I am not breathing, not for long, but its noticeable that I am doing it. I also have this persistent cough that never seems to go away. I have read that could be related to swallowing issues

Pain – I didnt think my pain could be related until I started doing research. I've been dealing on and off with what I believe to be a herniated disk for almost a year. I also get a terrible pain in the middle of my hand that I thought was the beginning of arthritis.

So these are the main ones that come to the top of my head right now. Other than the usual extreme fatigue and short term memory issues. If I get any new ones, Ill post under symptoms.

Just playing the waiting game now!

Hello jadeONfire and welcome to MSWorld.

What area will the MRI be for --- brain, spine or both?

It's important for you to keep in mind that any and all symptoms that MS can cause can also be caused by many different conditions, medications and mental health issues.

I've been dealing on and off with what I believe to be a herniated disk for almost a year.
    Have you been diagnosed with a herniated disc?

I hope all goes well with the MRIs and it turns out not to be MS.

Best wishes!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I believe they are just doing an mri for the brain. No I have not been diagnosed for a herniated disk. That only started bothering me in the past year when I injured myself moving. My other symptoms have existed. I am at least hoping for some sort of diagnosis.. because then at least I have something to work with. My son was just diagnosed with an AVM, which has at least gotten the hospital to push my appointment along a bit.

Comment

Usually if MS is suspected a MRI of the brain and spine should be done. Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System(CNS) which includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. Lesions can and do show up anywhere within the CNS.

If you have back problems a MRI of the spine would be a god idea as mechanical back problems can cause neurological symptoms but is not related to MS.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

HELLO JADEONFIRE, AND WELCOME TO MS WORLD!! it is great to have you here, but I hope it is not MS.
          SNOOPY
          "Usually if MS is suspected a MRI of the brain and spine should be done. Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System(CNS) which includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. Lesions can and do show up anywhere within the CNS."
          I cannot agree more. You have got some good information not only in this post but also in the previous one.
          I wish you best of luck!
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X