Hmm - buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm - buttons

Some days, it requires a lot of thought to decide course of action. Buttons, particularly on shirts, are a royal pain! It took 4 hours to take a shirt off not long ago and they are increasingly difficult.

The crux. Knowing so many people would benefit from all of my dress shirts, but I sure would enjoy cutting up those creations from hell. I'll probably set aside the nicer clothes and hack the crap out of others and compromise.

Part of my approach to life of, "If I can't use it, or it frustrates me, then get rid of it." Then there's the thought of going into the country, filling them with hay and blasting the stuffing out of them, or watching a friend do it for me. Stress relief? Heck yes, I enjoy every opportunity.

Devil's inventions, I tell you

Originally posted by Skidder View Post
    Some days, it requires a lot of thought to decide course of action. Buttons, particularly on shirts, are a royal pain!
    I agree! I decided long ago to 'phase out' all of my button up shirts and to go to pull over shirts, no more buttons for me .

But of course fate had another plan - DH had shoulder replacement recently. NO WAY could we get anything on him like a tee shirt. It HAD to be button-up to place his arm that was operated on in first to get a shirt on him . But of course he couldn't button them up after we had navigated getting the shirts on him. GRRRR.
    Thankfully he is determined to get back to normal quickly, so I only had to fight his buttons for about a week.

Originally posted by Skidder View Post
    Part of my approach to life of, "If I can't use it, or it frustrates me, then get rid of it."
    Love this perspective . Only problem is that it just takes so much effort to get rid of everything .

Comment

Buttons are really a royal pain for me too. Slowly, I'm getting rid of buttoned shirts, but the ones I simply can't get rid of - that special one or two - I have them constantly buttoned up (except the one or two top ones) wash them, iron if needed and they are ready to pull over my head!

Instead of burning them in a stack of hay , Goodwill or a charity group will take them!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Buttons are a real challenge for me, too. Forget the smaller ones found on shirts! Never wore that many button down shirts, anyway, so wasn't hard to phase them out of my wardrobe. Still, it's a bummer when I see a cute shirt that has buttons.

There's a tool called a button hook that can make dressing easier. They can be found on Amazon.com or medical supply stores. Videos demonstrating how to use them can be found on YouTube.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hi All,
          I know this is an old thread but i just read it for the first time -and loved it.
          Skidder -your priceless .

This problem is gradually getting worse for me - so ohhh how i identify

Maybe i could stuff mine with hay like a scare crow and let my boys use them for target practice?

Comment

Bottoms are most difficult part as i remember, then i replace the buttons with stick patches

Comment

Working...
            X