No announcement yet.

first and only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you asked if this related to my MS diagnosis because I live in AZ. The Only overseas inoculations I received was as an Army dependent. Received in Ft Monmouth NJ for Fathers transfer to Okinawa in 1964.

I agree there are all kinds of experiences and conditions that can trigger MS. My Neurologist asked if I experienced any medical crisis recently...I hadn't. Seems like he was just guessing. Low vitamin D makes more sense to me and an extremely stressful job while trying to take care of my Mother and settle her estate as her executrix. I think that put me over the edge.

Comment

5 YEARS TOO SOON

Originally posted by Wonderdog lady View Post
      I think you asked if this related to my MS diagnosis because I live in AZ. The Only overseas inoculations I received was as an Army dependent. Received in Ft Monmouth NJ for Fathers transfer to Okinawa in 1964.

I agree there are all kinds of experiences and conditions that can trigger MS. My Neurologist asked if I experienced any medical crisis recently...I hadn't. Seems like he was just guessing. Low vitamin D makes more sense to me and an extremely stressful job while trying to take care of my Mother and settle her estate as her executrix. I think that put me over the edge.
      Shoot, I thought there might be a similarity but it is questionable due to the 5 year difference. Oh well, back to my orginal army search for males that were inducted here in Arizona, '69. Deffinately do follow up on your low vitamin D possibility. I was a competetive swimmer and still get as much sunlight and natural vitamin D as I can stand.

Comment

Only one in family with MS.

Tom
        "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
        - Voltaire

Comment

+1 for "first & only"
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

BACK AT YOU

Originally posted by freeinhou View Post
            Only one in family with MS.

Tom
            Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you are doing pretty well and may even be a goof ball like I try to be most of the time. Life is short so you might as well have a little fun on the way!

I don't think your situation helps with my research unless you were in the service in Afganistan. There may well be a tye-in which I will work on next if my idea comes together. I have a lot of hurtles to get over/through first.

Anyway, back to looking for military personell that entered service in '69 from Phoenix/Arizona that now have MS. Please send them my way so I can visit with them. Thanks, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixmw View Post
              Anyway, back to looking for military personell that entered service in '69 from Phoenix/Arizona that now have MS. Please send them my way so I can visit with them.
              I know you are looking for "Military Personnel" for answers to your question. To receive answers only from those with a Military background it is best to have this Thread moved to the Military forum.

This is the General Q & A Forum and you will received many responses from those without a Military background.
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by jreagan70 View Post
                Hi hendrixmw:

For what it's worth, I'm the only one in my family with MS.

You know, it isn't uncommon for someone new to MS to think that, because they're new and don't know the answer to something, that the question must be new to everyone else, too, and that no one else knows the answer.

Whatever it is you're looking for regarding causes of MS and inheritance, the research has already been done and valid statistics already exist that you can apply to your own case. There isn't anything new or valid that you're going to uncover on your own from asking random questions on the Internet. Are you sure you aren't trying to reinvent the wheel here?
                Turns out it wasn't so random after all. Perhaps the poster could have been more explicit up front, but also, perhaps you shouldn't always assume that you know the whole story about people before offering your wisdom. Just a suggestion.
                PPMS
                Dx 07/13

Comment

It isn't necessary to know an entire story when someone has already said the key words about what they're looking for. And from key words there are two things that are obvious: 1) there has already been valid research done (that no one has mentioned) that the OP's questions are pointing to that will save time and misdirection, and 2) those words are pointing to a common misdirection that a veteran of MS, when paying attention, can spot from a mile away. If someone has come looking for information and the benefit of others' experience, why let them waste time and energy doing things the hard way?

Comment

PIN PRICK ON THE REAR OF A RINO

Originally posted by J-Bo View Post
                    Turns out it wasn't so random after all. Perhaps the poster could have been more explicit up front, but also, perhaps you shouldn't always assume that you know the whole story about people before offering your wisdom. Just a suggestion.
                    I apreciate both your comments and know neither will slow down the many health care workers trying to find a cure for this (MONSTER).

The small piece of this puzzle I am working on only involves military inoculations in Phoenix during '69 and if any are the first in their immediate famly's with MS (brothers, sisters moms or dads). Last year I had an idea and started looking. There were a number that responded but I haven't been able to find them again thanks to good old "brain fog". I don't remember what social media I even was using at that time. So, here I am again typing hen peck style flat on my back with an overhead computer using only my right index finger at a time. Oh well, I used to type 90 wpm and play the piano too. So, if you know any one from Phoenix that meets the criteria, please send them my direction.

Comment

So, if you know any one from Phoenix that meets the criteria
                      What is it about Phoenix that makes it so important in your search? Tucson doesn't count? Austin, Albuquerque, Las Vegas and Los Angeles don't count? And 1968 and 1970 don't count? Why not?

Comment

I don' know yet

What is it about Phoenix that makes it so important in your search? Tucson doesn't count? Austin, Albuquerque, Las Vegas and Los Angeles don't count? And 1968 and 1970 don't count? Why not?

They may be involved but I have to check Phoenix first because that was where I was inducted in '69 and they would be the most related to my specific research.

Comment

A matched cohort, when analyzed correctly, is an important part of valid research.

If you're looking only for people who are matched up by every one of your criteria, what is your plan for determining which one of the matched criteria is actually the one responsible for causing MS, or whatever you're looking for?

If everyone is from Phoenix, how are you going to know that it isn't Phoenix itself that caused the event you're looking for?

Comment

Still attempting to get there!

A matched cohort, when analyzed correctly, is an important part of valid research.

If you're looking only for people who are matched up by every one of your criteria, what is your plan for determining which one of the matched criteria is actually the one responsible for causing MS, or whatever you're looking for?

If everyone is from Phoenix, how are you going to know that it isn't Phoenix itself that caused the event you're looking for?
                            My research involves reconnecting with other military personel that entered the service in '69 from Phoenix that now have MS. As I mentioned earlier, I suspect our inoculations may somehow have been involved. I also know the VA is trying to blame everything on the enviornment regarding our returned Afganistan vets that have an unusually high MS rate. You may be correct regarding Phoenix and I will find out when I can reconnect with my fellow vets. As for my thought process that brings me here, it is all in my theads you have been following and responding to! Due to our bantering at least we have a small following and are raising questions that will be hard to ignor now for which I do thank you.

Comment

May be more similar than I first tought

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you are doing pretty well and may even be a goof ball like I try to be most of the time. Life is short so you might as well have a little fun on the way!

I don't think your situation helps with my research unless you were in the service in Afganistan. There may well be a tye-in which I will work on next if my idea comes together. I have a lot of hurtles to get over/through first.

Anyway, back to looking for military personell that entered service in '69 from Phoenix/Arizona that now have MS. Please send them my way so I can visit with them. Thanks, Bill
                              I hope that it was your profile I re-read and you are also ex-military! Because you are also the only one with MS in your immediate family plus you are from sunny Houston (like Phoenix), I wonder what inoculaion batch you had. As previously discussed, MS and vitamin D don't seem to like each other. Do you know/remember how long after your inoculation you had any hint of MS? That is where I'm having personal difficulty. A neurologist first brought up MS almost 19 years after my inoculation which is hard to ignor. I don't like to question my own sanity and would appeciate your silence on the matter as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X