Plegridy causing Sx to return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plegridy causing Sx to return?

I've just taken my second dose (93mcg) of Plegridy this weekend, and besides the aches/headaches/shaking - which has been more manageable with a regular dosing of Aleve this time - I am noticing that my lingering Sx from my flare up last fall are so much worse. I'm also experiencing quite a lot of random and painful nerve zapping.

Will this settle down over time as I adjust? Or is it worth a call to my neuro?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Cheryl
    Cranial VIth Nerve Palsy (2008, 2014); Partial Myelitis (9/2015); RRMS Dx (11/18/2015); Plegridy (2/2016)

Update

I spoke to both the Specialty Pharmacist & the MS Nurse. The Pharmacist didn't have much to say. The MS Nurse was far more reassuring. She just reiterated that Plegridy is a pretty strong drug, and that the body will take some time to adjust. So a temporary worsening of Sx, more nerve activity, numbness/tingling, wobbly legs or weakness, and of course the enjoyable Flu-like-symptoms are all within the realm of "normal" during this adjustment period.

She did offer to move up my next doctor appointment; I am OK with leaving it until I've had 2 full doses given her response. I love this nurse. She is so reassuring and never makes me feel dumb for calling.

Anyways, just thought I would update in case someone is looking at this later and having the same question.

Cheryl
    Cranial VIth Nerve Palsy (2008, 2014); Partial Myelitis (9/2015); RRMS Dx (11/18/2015); Plegridy (2/2016)

Comment

Working...
    X