Avonex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex

New to the site. Wonder if anyone using the Avonex pen having in positive results ?

Avonex User

Hello!

I was diagnosed with MS in 2012 and my neurologist started me out on Avonex once-a-week auto-injection pen. I can honestly say that I think it worked great. Recently I was taken off of Avonex and began Gilenya due to one of the lesions on my brain getting a "little" larger. No new lesions had formed, but my doctor thought that it would be good to switch therapies. I have only been on Gilenya now for about 4 weeks. I do not like it and want to go back to Avonex. I always did the injection on Friday nights before bed to sleep through the flu-like symptoms. I pray that Avonex will work well for you.

Comment

New to Avonex

I just started on Avonex 3 weeks ago. So far so good. My first medication was the daily injection- Glatopa (aka Copaxone). That medication made me miserable with itchy and swollen injection sites. After two months I had a IPIR and that scared the heck out of me. I was done after that so my doctor put me on the Avonex pen. I was relieved to have no noticeable side effects. I take an Aleve an hour before injection and do my shot in the evening so if I do have a reaction I sleep through it. So far I've only woken up with a slight headache and that's gone after an hour and some water. I'm very happy with Avonex so far and I no longer dread injection's. Now to see how my next MRI looks in a few moths.

Comment

Working...
      X