Clear All

For those who are have had MS for 15 years or longer

I've got a few questions for you. I posted them here:
    http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...15#post1489215
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Faith,

Thanks for asking the questions....it's been bittersweet reading all the responses. I'm so sorry for everyone's history with MS, at the same time its been good to see I'm not alone.

Diagnosed in 1988 (28 years ago). Things were quite different then, very few (if any) options.

Routinely use a cane. Walker as backup; use wheelchair for longer distances (airports, etc).

I do still have relapses within the progression. Lately, just progression (not that that isn't enough).

I am working full time, but holding on to the ledge just about ready to drop off. The only reason I have been able to continue working is that I"m a federal employee with great benefits, a lot of leave time that I'm able to use and flexibility in the workplace due to an ADA request to telecommute 3 days a week. Nevertheless, it's growing increasingly difficult to make it through the work days.

Thanks again, Faith. Good to know I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by DebbieB View Post
      Thanks again, Faith. Good to know I'm not alone.
      You're welcome. Thank you, too, and everyone else, for responding and sharing your challenges and difficulties with MS. It's a question, as I've approached my "15 years", that I've been wondering about for awhile.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X