Second thoughts about starting Abagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second thoughts about starting Abagio

I was on Abagio about 4 yrs ago. Went off because of dizziness. Have been off of EVERYTHING since last summer. After reading on this thread AND already wondering.... I am not sure if I DO want to go back on it. HELP....
    INPUT PLEASE (or simply kind words) I have had MS 10 yrs and have done Copaxone, Rebif TYSABRI (so I am no chicken)
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Good grief. NOW I am pretty sure I will NOT be starting Aubagio. I read about the PML and I already went through that stress while I was taking Tysabri. I am JC+ and just don't want to go through that. I KNOW it is HIGHLY HIGHLY rare, but I am just so tired of the concern. All DMD's have, essentially, at 30% efficacy on slowing MS progression. I think, after ten years, I am just worn out.
    Peace to all,
    LM

Comment

Originally posted by Fishytrout View Post
      All DMD's have, essentially, at 30% efficacy on slowing MS progression.
      ALL DMDs? If that were true, people wouldn't be willing to risk their lives to be on Tysabri.

Comment

Oh Fiishy trout I am so sorry you are going through this pain in the butt process of jumping on and off the MS meds. 10 years is along time. I'm glad you are still mobile....should have quoted you so I could remember what I wanted to say! I think you said you couldn't work me neither. I'm glad you found the "place" you need to be and found support and love in another MSER.

I think I am still RRMS though that can be confusing in itself. My husband says it's been nine years in May since I was as diagnosed. I am some how in the place I need to be also. I think if I had not been able to retire my husband would have had to have me committed. I was going downhill so fast. I'm on my third DMD and so far so good. Now I work with dogs and their owners...a far cry from working for the Gov't. I never ever even had a dog until I was diagnosed with RRMS. Strange how something like that can turn your whole life around.

I don't know much about being JS positive does that mean you can't take some of the DMDS. I Just hope you find meds that work for you for the long haul..or at least for a longer haul. You said you were a Christian so I would like to tell you My prayers are with as you make a new life for yourself and your partner. God bless

Comment

I am about to start Aubagio next week, 2/15/16. (after three years on Betaseron injections).
          I thought Aubagio was one of the drugs that had no reports of that PML? I am JC Virus negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderdog lady View Post
            Oh Fiishy trout I am so sorry you are going through this pain in the butt process of jumping on and off the MS meds. 10 years is along time. I'm glad you are still mobile.......... You said you were a Christian so I would like to tell you My prayers are with as you make a new life for yourself and your partner. God bless
            Wonderdog lady, thank you for your kind reply and for sharing with me. I DO appreciate you taking the time to do that and I am sorry I have not replied before now. I am at peace with not being on a DMD. The Tysabri helped me greatly, and other DMD's have probably kept my MS at bay, but I cannot take anything at this time. When new things come out I WILL be investigating them to see how the "risk/benefit" ratio is for me. Right no I am done. I pray OFTEN asking God to keep my disease from progressing too fast.

Right now I am getting ready to move 5 hrs away to be with my FIANCE'. She is a wonderful woman who empowers me and fact that she has MS is actually a GOOD thing, as we can share our gripes. While I am not GRATEFUL for EITHER of us having MS, I realize (as does she) that we might not have met had we both not had this evil disease.

KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT, Wonderdog lady I know I will.
            Peace to all,
            LM

Comment

No meds for me....

I've also decided to go without meds. My MS is mild, and my doctor said there is no chance I will lose my ability to walk.

Any feedback on this decision???

Comment

Working...
              X