• Show
Clear All

Half time

Coldplay. Yes!
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

wow - slow thread...
    111.9 million TV viewers and we were the only 2 here to watch?

Comment

I honestly didn't watch the game. What was your favorite part, commercial, etc.?

Comment

Good question, Tia. I don't know. Didn't really think the commercials were as good this year as some years. What was your favorite?
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Coldplay and friends

Hi Mamabug, Tia and pb909

As much as I like Coldplay (and I do!!) I thought from the beginning that they were an odd choice for a half time show. I was happy to listen to it in the background (I didn't really watch the game), but it didn't flow well with Beyonce and Bruno Mars. They seem like an entertainment set for 1/2 time, but it's been done :shrug:.
          I thought it was okay.

As for commercials, I didn't catch them all. (Fell asleep way early as usual). And my daughter and I had to switch it to PBS to watch Martha Stewart Bakes...tee hee... But I promptly switched it back.
          The Kevin Hart one was pretty good :up: And I know I heard some Van Halen at one point.
          But that's the only one that stood out
          Dx 11/09
          Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

My thoughts:

Commercials were not up to par as past SBs. Some had me thinking - you spent $5M on that?

Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars were ok. I'm a teenager of the early to mid-1970s so rock-and-roll is my preference.

Best part for me in a pretty boring game was Denver's defense and Peyton Manning going out a winner in most likely his last game, even if he didn't have a real good game.

Overall I think the NFL and CBS really missed the boat on this 50h anniversary SB after hyping it all season.

Comment

Working...
            X