Tingling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tingling?

Hey All! I have noticed slight tingling in my right first two toes today. Last week I had slight numbness in my right foot for a day. Do these symptoms come and go for you guys or are they constant?

I ask because I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or if it's something that would actually be considered a new symptom and I should call my neurologist.

thanks!
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Hi DPL2014,

I have both - some parasthesias that come and go, and some that are constant and permanent. To be a true exacerbation, the attack must last at least 24 hours and be separated from the previous attack by at least 30 days. The numbness wouldn't be considered a relapse, since it went away, but the tingling would if it lasts more than 24 hours.

The good news is that not all exacerbations require treatment. Mild sensory changes (numbness, pins-and-needle sensations) or bursts of fatigue that don’t significantly impact a person’s activities can generally be left to get better on their own. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tre...aging-Relapses.

You should let your neuro know what's been going on, but if this is the start of a relapse, please know there are some unwelcome side effects (both short term and long term) that go along with the use of corticosteroids. http://www.drugs.com/sfx/solu-medrol-side-effects.html

Good luck ,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks, Kimba!
      "It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
      I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Hi dpl214 I get tingling and numb sensations quiet often as one of my symptoms at the moment its in my (Right hand) pinky and next to it and running parallel down my hand to my wrist, this has been for longer than I can remember and I have lost a lot of strength with it and these two fingers have started curling up, I have had the numbness before but last time it was all my right hand this continued up my arm and eventually my entire right side of my body even 1/2 my lip and nose I was flown by the (royal flying doctors service) down to Brisbane some 350 km away the doctors thought I was having a stroke even though I told them I have MS the neurologist had a great time treating me with needles pricking me to find the extension of my numbness another MRI before confirmed that it was another flair of MS, I have never done anything about the numbness just learnt to live with it but i do drop a lot of things and have trouble picking things up good luck Craig

Comment

Working...
        X