Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have Psoriatic Arthritis as well as MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have Psoriatic Arthritis as well as MS?

Get to add this to my list as well as MS and type II diabetes, never ending!

Possible AS here! It really complicates treatment options. My doctor take turns blaming my symptoms on whatever problem they are not responsible for.

It also sucks that most of the medications for arthritis can't be used because of MS.

I will be thinking of you and praying that you have proper treatment and doctors that work together.

Comment

Some of us are so lucky!

MS dx 1991 with PA dx 2014. Unfortunately PA diagnosis was many years late since PA had been in remission ( or very low obvious activity) since before MS diagnosis. Also fibromylagia snd retinoschisis/high optical pressures due to extreme myopia but treated as glaucoma.

PA has had many years to work on spine, hands, knees. Started with sulfasalazine in 2014 but had allergic reaction so now taking Rasuvo (methotrexate) injections along with Avonex.

I remind myself daily that I'm "awfully well for the shape that I'm in"

Comment

Diagnosed with P.A. a few years ago, but was based on physical findings and family history, not any blood work. My mother has it.
        Peace to all,
        LM
        RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Had bad arthritis like symptoms for over 8 years. Bursitis in both shoulders and inflammation in all joints especially shoulders, elbows and wrists. Worsening. Taking anti-inflammatory's and pain meds daily.

Started taking EPO ( Evening Primrose Oil) in April 2016 and within 2 weeks began reducing meds.
          By one month majority of pain gone. No longer on regular meds. Only needed if I over do it and stir things up.
          This has made a huge impact on my quality of life.
          I don't know if you have ever tried it or not but if not it may be worth looking into.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Just diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis as well as MS

My rheumatologist wants me to take Otezla along with my Avonex. Does anyone in this group have any experience with Otezla or other meds for the psoriatic arthritis?

Comment

Just diagnosed with PsA

Originally posted by waysiek View Post
              My rheumatologist wants me to take Otezla along with my Avonex. Does anyone in this group have any experience with Otezla or other meds for the psoriatic arthritis?
              I know its been a while since you posted but I just got diagnosed with PsA and my rheumatologist also wants me to take Otezla. I currently take Aubagio for my MS. I would love to hear any experience with the Otezla.
              RRMS Diagnosed Halloween 2013
              Betaseron

Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend....never owned a dog

Comment

Working...
              X