AVONEX AND LEG PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVONEX AND LEG PROBLEMS

This is my second go round with Avonex which is long story in itself. The first time was almost five years ago and I don't remember my experience with it.

I have been on it now for about three months and feel like I've been doing pretty good. However, over the last three weeks I've been having a lot of trouble walking. I have a lot of stiffness in my thighs but not much pain. My DW thinks it's the fault of the Avonex. I don't agree.

Has anyone else had these types of problems while taking Avonex? I go to my Neuro tomorrow and I will would like to know what to talk about other than I think I've progressed to SPMS.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I too took Avonex (of and on for several years) and didn't have any problems with my legs at that time. That was at least 8 years ago since I was on it, now taking Gilenya.(and yeah I believe that I may also be in the SP group ...)

BUT in the last month or so I have also had much more pain, stiffness and difficulty walking than I ever have. I have an apt. in 3 weeks with Neuro, but I am assuming mine is being caused by the weather. It has been cold and wet here in SC lately - they are saying snow this weekend . But since I don't do heat well either I am just trying to keep it at a 'happy medium' in the house .

Hoping that you get some answers, and some relief when you see your Neuro.

Comment

I was on Avonex for about a year and a half before 6 months on Betaseron and now about 6 years on Gilyena.

I was on Avonex when the needle resembled a sword and I will say that to this day I still get pain and stiffness in my thighs where I did the shots. It almost feels like I just gave myself the shot all over again.

I don't know that it is related to Avonex or not but I can't help but suspect that it is.
      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
      X