Aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio

I had started Aubagio Dec 15/15, so far successful and no side effects as of yet. I am hoping my hair stays in because its already fine, here's hoping I had also requested that my MD put me on medical leave and I have been off since January 4 and know now I wont be going back to this job because it was far too stressful. I wonder now how I did it, ugh what an eye opener! Also now I realise that this med must be working because no relapse during my past few weeks of employment because man it was chaotic and always will be there. Now just to find another job in a recession once I take a much needed break

Hi Nancydarlene

Congrats on the relief from stress! That alone can be a huge help with symptom relief!
    I've been taking Aubagio just a bit over a year, my side effects have been nothing worth reporting.
    Hair loss is probably inevitable, I did have some, but have learned that hair has a natural fallout & regrowth cycle. Aubagio seems to speed up the fallout part of the cycle. Biotin can help speed up the regrowth, but check with your doctor before starting it, just to be smart/safe. Don't stress about your hair, mine has always ben thin too, and tho I did lose some, not even my sweet (normally very observant) hubby noticed. Plus, it's all back, thicker than before-I "blame" the Biotin.
    Best wishes!
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Thank you Tina, where do you find Biotin?

Comment

my goal for 2016

My goal is to no take a break ( and I am ) and especially once I answered to interview requests which I finished up with a gov't interview yesterday ...I had too ( I applied over a month ago) and it went awesome but I was 1\49 interviews for 2 positions and it went well so my chance is good??, here's hoping b/c it would be decent to land a gov't job, no more front line for me ever, but I can take that cushy office job , if ever offered. truth is , I have never been successful being away from work for too long. I need income , I need vacations

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are" Joseph Campbell

Comment

Biotin is usually readily available wherever you normally find vitamins. I get mine from Amazon, because I don't like shopping.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."

Comment

Aubagio for me

Originally posted by Nancydarlene View Post
            I had started Aubagio Dec 15/15, so far successful and no side effects as of yet. I am hoping my hair stays in because its already fine, here's hoping I had also requested that my MD put me on medical leave and I have been off since January 4 and know now I wont be going back to this job because it was far too stressful. I wonder now how I did it, ugh what an eye opener! Also now I realise that this med must be working because no relapse during my past few weeks of employment because man it was chaotic and always will be there. Now just to find another job in a recession once I take a much needed break

I stopped Aubagio 3 months ago after 2 years....it caused me severe panic attacks and very high blood pressure. The whole time. In the beginning were stomache pain , hair loss, the panic, flushing and blood pressure. Oh boils on my ear lobes, eye brows and rash on my face all my Dr. Said wasn't caused by Aubagio, I stopped 3 months ago and panic and blood pressure have eased up so much, well its gone actually! Dont even want to tell my Dr . Since he disagreed. I knew it caused the panic because it would start up soon after taking my Aubagio.

Good luck!

Comment

Aubagio

I have had blood pressure issue's , never had this before taking this med. It has relaxed though since being away from work . Here's hoping this ( my first med) is the one because I don't want to go from med to med , ugh!! I think in my mind I have already decided I'll stop meds if problems with this one because I refuse to be a person who is going from med to med, so what that I have new spots on my brain and it is full of plaque ....I see my neuro March 15 for a med review, here's hoping!! I already know I cant go back to my past job because there s far too much stress and chaos working with kids in care , what was I thinking !!! my problem is when I am feeling good , I become invincible. I miss working so much and the income too, now to find a fit !!!! ME , I'm lucky to be one of those that you'd never know had MS and I want to stay this way!!! FYI: I hate this message board , it is so sluggish,drags and freezes , or is it just me ????? why couldn't this site be more like Facebook

Comment

Hi Nancydarlene and welcome! I'm not sure why MSW is so sluggish, drags and freezes on you? I do know that volunteer moderators (all living with MS too) review the posts before they are brought into the message boards, so that may be why things seem slow to appear at times, but not causing it to freeze up. We do have a facebook page! find us on https://www.facebook.com/MSWorld.Fan.Page?v=wall

There's more -check out this post http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ube-amp-iTunes

good luck with your upcoming neuro exam! Hope things stay stable for you with Aubagio
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you Seasha, maybe ill try to come on more to get used to it too

Comment

Aubagio

Month 3 on Aubagio; no hair loss , no other side effects & BP is normal still after being away from work, YES!!

Comment

Great news Nancydarlene

Comment

Working...
                      X