Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly dx - recommended Tysabri - questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
    PLEASE DO. PLEASE DO. PLEASE DO.

When I was diagnosed I read about Tysabri and decided it was the drug I wanted. But, at the time, patients had to prove the ABCs weren't working.

I faithfully did my Avonex shot once a week but two months later I developed ON. Two weeks after that was a major major flare. My neuro spent an entire day on the phone with Biogen to prove that my case was serious. They put me on emergency Tysabri? It took 6 months to start feeling more normal again but the damage was done.

When I was first diagnosed I was still very functional, walking, living a full life. If I could have stopped the progression at that point I think I could have carried on as normal.
    But once the flare came, the damage was done. I had to get a cane, I was numb in my feet, memory problems and a fatigue you can't imagine. Not to mention the wonderful bladder and bowel problems.

Don't let the damage start. Yes, there is the concern for PML but if MS progresses, you might as well have PML. There is still more good news. Ocrelizumab might be come out soon like 2017. It is as powerful as Tysabri with less risk.

You are so lucky! SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAVE YOURSELF FROM MS
    Go on Tysabri and switch to Ocrelizumab. You've got it made. The expense is not something to worry about. There are plenty of assistance programs.

PLEASE GO ON TYSABRI. PLEASE DO. PLEASE DO. PLEASE DO.
    I do feel fortunate that I was able to get on Ty with literally not a problem. I do feel it was my best chance. Like you if I would have gotten on it a year earlier life would be different. Still trying to figure out the wild fluctuations of my symptoms.

Comment

Working...
    X