BURNING LEGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BURNING LEGS

And I woke yo to burning weak pains in both legs. I put my pedomitor on and tried to walk my 4000 steps and just couldn't. They felt very week with pain and I tried overdoing it and just couldn't. I'm getting fraustrating and I Don't want to be. Help if you can. I'm gain for anything.

Love,
    Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

I had such horrible burning pains in my calves. The only thing that helped was waking someone up to massage them or a heating pad. I called my neurologist and got an appointment and was prescribed gabapentin which helped immensely. I wish you the best of luck because I have experienced it and it is no fun.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Neighbor I started my journey with the MonSter with burning legs that got really bad especially at night but that was back in the late 70's and no matter what problem I would get I was basically told it was all in head. Finally in 1997 I was diagnosed and the neurologist put me on nortriptyline which actually worked very well. Probably will not work with your other meds though, its a very old antidepressant but most people use gapapentin now as Huntered said.
      I do know you have to fight through the pain and make yourself use your legs or they will only get worse.
      I hope everything improves for you.
      Your friend, Tortis

PEACE

Comment

Hi!

First to Hunter......I really feel for you and I've been on gaberpentin for may years but upped the dose. It does not happen all the time but when it does...YIKES!!! Tortis so glad to see you here. I was sorried about you because I knew you were having problems with Ty. I know I have to use my legs and I do. I stretch, walk, treadmill and everything possible but had quite the fall and injured shoulder. And I'm being tested for other things now. I hope your'e feeling well or the best you can be and Hunter too.

May 2016 bring us a surprise...with a little better health.

Thanks for the replies...
        My Best...
        Susie ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I was on Gabapenton for years and all it did was make me fall asleep and did very very little for the pain. I'll never take it again. Luckily I was taking tramadol which helped somewhat.
          Now I take Tramadol and Tylonel 3 4 times daily and both do a pretty good job. At first the nuro sent me to the pain management which they had no problem prescibing them.
          I moved to a different city and this DR said he had no problem prescribing Tylonal 3 and Tram so I don't have to go to pain management. My Dr is cool

Comment

Working...
          X