Copaxone generic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone generic?

I received a letter from my prescription drug company saying that my Copaxone is now available as a generic drug. Has anyone else heard this?
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

I believe Copaxone 20 is available as a generic med. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...latira#content

Copaxone 40 is fairly new, and it won't be available as a generic for years, probably.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Not too many here have made comments, but you can read up in our Glatopa forum here - http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...hp?144-Glatopa

Take care!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Generic to Brand Penalty for Copaxone!

Just went round and round with Accredo / Express_Scripts. I have been on 20ml Copaxone for 8 years with a very low co-pay. This month I got hit with a $583/month "Brand to Generic" penalty because I did not change my prescription to the new generic version.
        I called the doctor today to change my prescription. I guess no one will be buying the 20ml Copaxone anymore...

Cece

Comment

Shared Solutions is often trying to get many of their Copaxone 20 users switched over to Copaxone 40. T hey will even pay the insurance co-pay, so I currently pay nothing for my Copaxone 40. I do wonder, though, since Glatopa is available for much cheaper than Copaxone 40, if insurance will stop covering Copaxone 40 and if we will all have to switch back.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I just fought my insurance .........

......even though the letter I received said that since my "mail order pharmacy does not carry the generic to Copaxone, the brand named drug would be dispensed at the generic cost". My Copaxone arrived today and apparently I owe $750 for my co-pay. I am about to lose my mind over all this. Do they not realize that stress can cause a relapse?
            All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

Working...
            X