Severe Pain Legs, hips,knees and back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Pain Legs, hips,knees and back

Hi all. Hope your christmas was terrific! I have a question. in the last 3 or 4 days, I've been experiencing so much pain in joints, legs and back. I have dealt with spasticity for many years.This is something quite different. I take 60 mg of baclofen daily. I am dealing with my legs locking up. Can't lift my legs. I have been putting a death grip on everything I touch so I don't fall. Can't even walk with rollator. I have not called neurologist thinking it might get better. Being that tomorrow is New Years Eve. HE May not even be in office. If it continues do you think this warrants an ER visit? Am I over reacting? Can't walk, crawling on knees to get from point A to point B. I have endured difficult times before, but this is torture. Thank you all for listening.
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Hi Kathy Sue,

Oh my, you poor thing! I'm so sorry this is going on!! You aren't overreacting, and it sounds like a trip to the ER is warranted! And please, don't ever hesitate calling your neurologist, even if his office is closed. He should have an answering service that will contact him (or the on-call neuro if there are others in his practice) for you, and then he can contact you. His job is to help you, even if it's only to say go to the ER. If it were me, I'd call him ASAP!

Joints can lock because of spasticity, and a sudden increase may be signaling you are having a flare? Regardless, your pain needs to be addressed.

Best of luck and please keep us updated.

Hugs,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Kimba22

Kimba22, thank you for the reply. I did call and left a message. I am carrying the phone with me just in case they do call back. I do appreciate your advice.

Please have a Happy New Year.
      Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

Working...
      X