Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly diagnosed

Hello, everyone!
    I am brand new here. I was just diagnosed with MS last week. As of right now, my symptoms are pretty minimal. (eye twitching and a numb spot on my abdomen)
    I had a bout of double vision around 5 years ago where I had an MRI that showed a few non specific white spots. My neurologist looked at the images and mentioned MS, but wasn't entirely convinced. He said that we could do further testing or take a wait and see approach. At the time, he seemed really ambivalent about it being MS, so I opted to wait.
    Fast forward to now, another MRI with increased lesions that were "classic" MS according to the neurologist. And a spine MRI with a lesion.
    Now I'm in the decision making process about medications. I would love some input regarding this. Right now, I'm just trying to wrap my head around all of the information and options.

Sorry that we have to "welcome" you to our club. It's not one we wish to have to belong to, is it?

Here is a place to start -- our Medications and Treatments forum. http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...amp-Treatments

Use it any way that seems to be the most helpful to you:
    • You might want to start by scrolling past the sub-forums and choosing some of the "Stickies" to read.
      • Kimba22 has listed links to some informative sites that educate about the DMD's (disease modifying medications). Or some people call them DMT's (disease modifying treatments).
      • Marco's post gives some good basic initial information and suggests some questions to ask yourself when selecting a drug

• If you have a specific question about one of the meds, choosing the appropriate sub-forum is a great place to post that. Hopefully, you'll receive some helpful responses from some of our members.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD DENILY! please look around and become familiar with all we have to offer. If you are inclined, we have a chat room that is open 24/7. Sometimes there is nobody around and other times it is extremely busy. There is also a scheduled chat every night at 8 PM EST.

I cannot do anything but what has already been mentioned, so all I will say is good luck.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X